cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow connection, upload and download, poor customer service

Slow connection, upload and download, poor customer service

We have had HughesNet since August, first the installer didn't do his job right and HughesNet has yet to contact us or resolve this issue. And yes we have contacted them several times. Each time I contact them about a problem or the install issue I am told that the plan we have is sufficient for what we use the internet for, I am an online college student and have had a horrible time keeping up with my classes this semester due to the slow connection. It is taking me at least 3 times longer on this connection then it does when I go to my neighbors and use their service which is not HughesNet!! The problem is I should be able to complete my test and work from home and not have to go to my neighbors house to use their internet, especially for what we pay HughesNet each month! There has to be an answer to resolve these issues, because right now I just want them to come get their equipment and never hear from them again!!!
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Slow connection, upload and download, poor customer service

Open a Web browser and type this URL:
192.168.0.1 This should open up your modems home page.
then click the #2 above... you should see the advanced tab. Near the bottom left is your signal strength. Can you post a screen shot of that page for me to further help you? It should look like this.
Highlighted

Yes I know what you mean isn't it crazy they say they are the best internet company around but everyone is having problems !!!!
New Poster

If you would post a resent case number or the serial number from the back of the modem then Monday one of the mods here will get the problem fixed, could you also explain what you meant by its not installed correctly? Also dont post your SAN here in the community.
Alum

Hello Jenny,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community. Could you please post one of the following -  a recent case number, full name of the account holder, or serial number of your modem? this way, we can run some tests to troubleshoot?

- Warren

Hughesnet is a nightmare, and they know it.

95% Of all problems people have with the service can be summed up into 4 categories..
1 installation quality
2 cheap routers
3 poor or malware infected computer
4 unreal expectations. It's not cable Internet and Noone is telling you it is. (At least they shouldn't be, but we all know salesmen.)
Typical page load times are 3-10 seconds depending on the site.
If you are expecting < 3 second page loads... you are unrealistic.
For Jupiter (Gen4 technology);
If a page such as Google loads in longer than 10 seconds, you have an issue somewhere, whether it be installation, hardware, or self inflicted pc/router issues, something is wrong... it should be a 3-5 second page load on a clean pc.