Slow data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WTXLance
New Poster

Slow data

Started service on 4/28, have called in about slow download speeds 9 times. Ran speed test on my own, results are; download speeds 1.4, 2.0, 1.5. Hughes tech support speed test results; download speed 1.2, 2.2, 3.4.

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi WTXLance, 

Thanks for posting, we'd like to help address your speed concerns. When do you normally experience slow speeds? To get started, please follow the steps here to set up a testmy.net account and run speed tests during those times you experience slowness so we get a proper evaluation of your system performance:

http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

Most important points:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem
-use the 25MB test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

How about a phone call? I spent an hour on the phone with tech support and they ran tests and I posted the results here.
As of right now, Sunday @7:30pm, I can't even log onto my wifi. It will not accept my password. I am looking at the modem typing it in! I am extremely dissatisfied with the wifi service from Hughes Net, as well as the Tech Support.
There is a problem with my router and I need someone to come look at it.
The installer used old cables from his original installation several years ago. He bragged about it. Please send someone to resolve this situation! I am on the verge of contacting the Better Business Bureau and Social media. I have reached out for help about 10-12 times since starting service in April of this year and have yet to receive help. The last tech support I spoke to told me I had errant equipment and reaching out here would get me the help I need since calling 10-12 times hasn't helped.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@WTXLance

This is a different avenue of receiving help.  This is not connected to the phone tech support.  In order to address speed issues, the tests that the rep requested will need to be run in order to not only establish that there is a problem, but also to show what may be causing the problem.  Running the tests while singed into an account at testmy.net and using the protocols listed is important.  http://testmy.net/

With regard to the router.  Have you changed the password to your WiFi access?  If you go to the System Control Center at http://192.168.0.1/ with a LAN connected device and click on Wifi Settings (on the left), then enter admin as the password, you should be able to see the passwords needed, if they are different than what's printed on the back of the modem.  

Has your device EVER been able to connect to the HT2000W's WiFi?  How old is the device you are trying to connect to the WiFi?  If it is older, it may be that the Wifi security settings need to be altered in order for your device to be able to connect correctly.  

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They will need to establish that there is a problem with the modem before they either decide to send you another one, or if they determine that you need a tech visit.  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@WTXLance

I don't see any post where you shared your testmy.net results with us, so please do so if you don't mind.

As far as the wifi password, have you changed the password on your HT2000w?  Are you positive you are typing the password in correctly on your device?

As far as using old cables, provided the cables meet minimum spec, then it's perfectly acceptable to use them.

As far as contacting B.B.B. and "social media", well, not sure what social media will do, but contacting the B.B.B. will result in your complaint being forwarded to the same group that handles this community, and potentially take far longer for your problem to be resolved.