Hughesnet Community

Slow download , + hours to download a game update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlitton

Slow download , + hours to download a game update

I've been trying the past two weeks to download a game update during my bonus hours.... 10+ hours and only 68%... you keep telling me my speed is fine but obviously it's not.
15 REPLIES 15
foxbrook
Sophomore

Have you tried rebooting your modem or turning off/toggling web accel? That usually works when I'm having problems with large downloads.
Pawnee County

Are you using a download manager?  I have tried them out and never had any luck with files over 300MB there may be someone hear that knows one that works.

How does it work for simple surfing or video viewing?

You can go to 192.168.0.1 in your browser and see if the system status box is green if not click on the link and see what checkmark is yellow or red.
jlitton

I don't know what a download manager is, but I'm downloading on my Xbox one.  As far as web surfing, I usually do that on my phone.. it seems slower than I think it should be and you can forget video the buffing is horrible. I'll have to try the status box when I get home today. 
jlitton

yes
foxbrook
Sophomore

Take a look at my thread here: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/large-downloads-get-interrupted-and-dont-always-c...

Would you have the ability to run a similar test using Networx or similar bandwidth monitor?
I've doe the test with the 200MB download on testmy.net during bonus hours.

A 12MB speedtest just isn't going to show this problem.
Chris11
Alum

Hi jlitton,

Thanks for posting so we can assist. Only way we can see exactly what speeds you are getting is by running a speed test during the periods where you experience slow downloads. Can you run some at www.testmy.net using 12 MB as the test size? Feel free to post your results after running a few. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
jlitton

...I do not know what any of this means, but it says : 

this is in yellow
State Code30.1.1 - Web acceleration connection in backoff state
Summary Operational -   State Degraded

this has a red X
Web Acceleration - Down
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

That means your modem is having a problem communicating with the gateway.
The issue may very well be the result of weather conditions at your gateway location.

There are two methods to resetting the connection. As I am on my tablet I don't have my normal stock of pictures so we will need to use the "gross" method.

Remove the AC power from the modem either at the wall plug or at the power brick. Do NOT unplug it using the round DIN connector at the rear of the modem.

Leave to power off for 30 seconds or so, then reconnect power and let the modem fully boot.
Pawnee County

Hey Gwalk looks like we found a problem now the question is getting it fixed.  Where do you find those state code definitions I would like to know what the different codes mean I am a tech junkie sort of. 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

There is a manual if sorts:http://www.ricksyakshack.com/view_top...
Pawnee County

got it thanks
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Would trying to reset the MBX help it? 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Yes, that forces a reconnection to the WA server. That method was the other I mentioned but it can be hard for a novice user to find.
In fact there is a procedure using enable/disable W/A and MBX Reset that will cause the modem to connect to a different W/A server.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Yes, that forces a reconnection to the WA server. That method was the other I mentioned but it can be hard for a novice user to find.
In fact there is a procedure using enable/disable W/A and MBX Reset that will cause the modem to connect to a different W/A server.
Chris11
Alum

jlitton,

Are you still experiencing this state code? Was Gwalk's suggestion able to resolve this for you?

- Chris