Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speeds beam 66 southwest ohio

Highlighted
jc2
Sophomore

Slow download speeds beam 66 southwest ohio

Are there known performance issues with beam 66 or are all beams having problems. Signal strength is 115. Connected with lan cable. Have rebooted the modem and laptop several times. Slow speeds just started about 3 weeks ago. I can post speed test results if it will do any good. Thanks
2 REPLIES
Tutor

Re: Slow download speeds beam 66 southwest ohio

Based on the time frame that your own speeds started slowing down, I can only assume that what you are experiencing is the same thing that many of us Gen 5 customers have been experiencing as well. 

I personally think this is a system wide issue, not associated with any one particular beam..but that's just my opinion.

As I'm sure you have seen, there is a lot of speculation as to what may be causing this system wide slowdown, but unfortunately, no one from HughesNet has 'officially' come forth to provide any factual information as to why this is occuring and/or when we can expect our Gen 5 speeds to improve. Until Hughesnet offers up some sort of 'official' response, I don't think there is much any of us can do except wait it out and hope that things get better.

jc2
Sophomore

Re: Slow download speeds beam 66 southwest ohio

Thanks for your reply bare65