cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speeds on Beam 66

jc2
Sophomore

Slow download speeds on Beam 66

I've been having slow and inconsistant download speeds since around the first of August. I run a speed test in the mornings around 6 am. I used to get speeds consistantly around 40mbps and now it's anywhere from 2 to 15. I can post some speed test results but I was just wondering if there are any known issues with beam 66. Wildfires, Hurricanes? Signal strength is in the 80's. I keep waiting for the speeds to pick back up but it's not happening. Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Professor

Re: Slow download speeds on Beam 66

jc2,

It's possible it's weather-related. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Senior Instructor

@maratsade

Nah... 66 is San Diego, same as 68. Weather issues are very unlikely.

Wonder if @C0RR0SIVE is seeing anything.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

Yeah, I didn't actually check the weather, was just saying that weather can be a cause of slowdown, generally speaking. 

Associate Professor

066 has been pretty bad lately... Attempts to do speedtests during later parts of peak (around midnight) will cause latency to skyrocket like crazy, speeds nosedive when that happens, and in some cases stall out entirely.

jc2
Sophomore

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they find a fix and this is not the new norm.

Hi jc2,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your service. I don't see any equipment or signal problems, so I'm reaching out to our network engineers to see if they have any insight.

Thanks,

Amanda

Highlighted
jc2
Sophomore

Thanks Amanda

Hi jc2,

Just checking in to let you know I should be getting feedback soon. I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Amanda

jc2
Sophomore

Thanks Amanda for the update.

Tags (1)