Slow download speeds on Beam 66

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc2
Sophomore

Slow download speeds on Beam 66

I've been having slow and inconsistant download speeds since around the first of August. I run a speed test in the mornings around 6 am. I used to get speeds consistantly around 40mbps and now it's anywhere from 2 to 15. I can post some speed test results but I was just wondering if there are any known issues with beam 66. Wildfires, Hurricanes? Signal strength is in the 80's. I keep waiting for the speeds to pick back up but it's not happening. Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

jc2,

It's possible it's weather-related. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@maratsade

Nah... 66 is San Diego, same as 68. Weather issues are very unlikely.

Wonder if @C0RR0SIVE is seeing anything.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Yeah, I didn't actually check the weather, was just saying that weather can be a cause of slowdown, generally speaking. 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

066 has been pretty bad lately... Attempts to do speedtests during later parts of peak (around midnight) will cause latency to skyrocket like crazy, speeds nosedive when that happens, and in some cases stall out entirely.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they find a fix and this is not the new norm.

Hi jc2,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your service. I don't see any equipment or signal problems, so I'm reaching out to our network engineers to see if they have any insight.

Thanks,

Amanda

Thanks Amanda

Hi jc2,

Just checking in to let you know I should be getting feedback soon. I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Amanda

Thanks Amanda for the update.

Hi jc2,

We engaged with our engineers to run further diagnostics on your system and everything seems to be fine. It may be helpful to know that network balancing operations, designed to distribute the traffic throughout the network, are ongoing. Please check your private messages for more information.

Thank you,

Amanda

Thanks Amanda for all your help but now I have a bigger problem. Last night I lost my internet connection and it's still out this morning. Only the power and lan lights are lit on the modem. I have tried unplugging the cord from the block and waiting a few minutes several times. I have checked all the connections inside and outside. The dish LNB window is half full of water. I don't know how long it's been that way. Do I need to start a new thread for this?
Thanks

Hi jc2, you don't, I'll check your diagnostics. Can you reach http://systemcontrolcenter.com ?  If so click on "System Status" and provide me the state code listed. 

Thanks,

Amanda

Hey jc2,

Just saw that the post was edited, I think I might have missed that. If the LNB has water we need to replace it right away. I'm going to create an order to dispatch a tech out to you ASAP, they will call or text you to confirm the date and time. Currently it is set for Sunday between 8-11AM, but you can change it when they call/text if needed.

On a side note, your signal history doesn't point to any issues until October 28th which was this past Wednesday. Impeccable timing isn't it? Lol

Thanks,

Amanda

Thanks Amanda for setting up a service call. It's been raining here since Wednesday which was actually the 31st but I didn't lose the signal till about 7pm last night.
Thanks again.

Thanks jc2,

My calendar on my computer slid down so I was looking at the 28th of November, which was a Wednesday. I think I'm ready for the weekend 🙂

Hello Amanda,

The tech came out yesterday and replaced the LNB. Signal strength is up over 100. Speeds are about the same but everything is working fine. The technician is a super nice guy. The same person that did my Gen5 upgrade and the last service call. Thank you so much for all your help.

Thanks again