cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet . Can't open somes sites.

Sophomore

Slow internet . Can't open somes sites.

Hey everyone.  I am having problems this morning accessing web sites. I have bypassed my router and have just my desktop connected. My sn# is 10018883. The weather is fine here with sunny skies and no clouds. I have rebooted computer and modem several times to no avail. Web sites pull up so slow or not at all. I checked my information page showing I have all check marks. Just wondering if Hughesnet is experiencing any problems?  Thank you for checking into this. Nancy Moore
13 REPLIES 13
New Poster

Re: Slow internet . Can't open somes sites.

Hi Nancy,

Welcome back! I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, we are aware of a service degradation affecting some customers. We understand
that the effects of this are slow speeds or no connection at all. Rest assured our
engineers are working to get services back up right away. We appreciate your
patience and will keep you updated as to when it is fixed!

Thanks,
Liz
Assistant Professor

Because I have a curious mind, if you have Gen4 I'm wondering what the Terminal - Gateway Connectivity Test reports located here: 
http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/index.cgi?Command=13# ?

Curious if it will identify problems at the Gateway.
Sophomore

Liz,

Thank you for your prompt response and I am glad that ya"ll are already aware of the problem.  Nancy Moore
Sophomore

If you are talking to me, yes we have Gen 4. I went to that link you posted, but I did not click on "start the test"
Assistant Professor

Could you click on it and report back what it says?
Sophomore

I don't know how to do a screenshot, sorry. What do you need to know so I can help you.
Assistant Professor

Thanks, just these two results:

Highlighted
Sophomore

Birddog,   Pocket loss 0%  avg delay 600ms.  Billings gateway.   Are these numbers good?
Assistant Professor

Yes they are so I would assume the problem is with the connection or servers going to/from the internet and the Gateway. Of course we know what happens when assuming. Thanks for the reply. My curiosity is taken care of.