Slow internet - Long delay issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamradio
Senior

Slow internet - Long delay issue

For a very long time I have been plagued with exceptionally slow performance with no resolution forthcoming.   Many, many diagnogistic tests and attempted remedies by HN claimed to have uncovered no issues.  This is not a data rate (testmy.net), signal strength, or satellite latency problem.   As I have reported before, the problem is related to very long delays between packet exchanges. 

I have run quite a number of "Connectivity Tests" with the HT2000W modem (modem was once replaced - no help).   Sometimes it reports delays of 620 ± ms.  That is fine and throughput is fair to OK.  More often the delay ranges from 1000 to 3000 ms or greater and throughput is very slow.  Occasionally packet loss  is reported, most times not.  The progress bar indicates many pauses during the tests.  Attached is a grab of the Connectivity Test from the evening of 20 November.  Check out the delay!   At this point throughput was pretty much nil in spite of the test reporting good connectivity to the gateway.  

It is obvious this issue is not something that I can fix on my end.   An effective remedy by HN is needed.   Any comments?

Thanks, Woody - KZ4AK

connectivity test.jpg

27 REPLIES 27

My bill just posted on 12-21, was for the usuall charge.  It did not reflect the charge reduction!   ????

@Remy 
@Remy wrote:

hamradio,

From what I'm gathering, our engineers are actively working on alleviating your issues and are making progress. You should experience improved performance in the coming weeks. Because we are unable to fully resolve your issue immediately, we will be discounting your HughesNet service for the next six months by $20 per month. Our goal is that you will see performance improvements long before the six months are up.

Thanks,

Remy

hamradio,

I had it sent up to be reduced for the next 6 months, after looking into it, I see it wasn't applied. I'll go ahead and credit 20 dollars on to the account, and will check to make sure tomorrow that the discount is applied! We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

Remy

@Remy 

The $20 credit was applied.  Thank you.  Now to see if it remains in place for the nest billing cycle...

Woody

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@hamradio 

For safety's sake I'd go back and edit your SAN out of the picture in this reply.

You can never be too careful these days.

Opps - Missed that... Think I deleted that image.

Woody

@GabeU wrote:

@hamradio 

For safety's sake I'd go back and edit your SAN out of the picture in this reply.

You can never be too careful these days.

tor2ga
Freshman

My problem was very slow speeds also.... Turned out the dish was misaligned since installation... They charged $125+tax to fix a problem that should have never been there. If your signal strength is Jess than 72 you'll have issues.... Mine was 49!!!! I'm pretty it's a scam to make a few extra bucks

Yes, I got hit up for a $125 charge when I didn't put in the request for them to come out...it was their idea.  I am requesting a refund because they ended up moving the dish, causing damage my irrigation piping.  I then spent time pick-axing the old cement and pipe out only to have the whole effort not improve anything.  Later we find that we are on an overcrowded beam with no options for improvement.  Then I get the charge for $125.