cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet - Long delay issue

Senior

Re: Slow internet - Long delay issue

Another observation...   The past couple of months my 20GB data allotment ran out about 2 days before being reset.  What was interesting is that for the most part,  internet throughput hardly changed (when throttled back).   Most things loaded as quickly as they did while I had "full speed".   This phenomenon seems to indicate delays (periods of no activity between data bursts) are the big problen, not data speed.

Woody

hamradio,

Thank you for the information! I'll be passing this along. I haven't gotten a response yet, and our social media offices are closed tomorrow for the holiday. I'll be back in on Friday, and we should definitely be hearing something by then!

Thanks,

Remy

hamradio,

From what I'm gathering, our engineers are actively working on alleviating your issues and are making progress. You should experience improved performance in the coming weeks. Because we are unable to fully resolve your issue immediately, we will be discounting your HughesNet service for the next six months by $20 per month. Our goal is that you will see performance improvements long before the six months are up.

Thanks,

Remy

Freshman

Unbelievable, I just fell outta the chair, you don't see that often. Wow.Heart

Distinguished Professor IV

@hamradio 

For safety's sake I'd go back and edit your SAN out of the picture in this reply.

You can never be too careful these days.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Senior

Slow internet - Long delay issue

Thanks !!  For the past few days performance has improved but still not "there".  Sometimes the connection checks are in the 650ms range, other times 1K to 2K ms, or more.  Also  sometimes getting a connection failure (suspect root cause is delay timeout).  A browser reload / resend the info usually works.   The perfomance / delay issued has always been variable, depends on when you look...  

I hope engineering can fix things.   Time will tell I guess.

Thanks again for all,

Woody - KZ4AK

@Remy 

Senior

Opps - Missed that... Think I deleted that image.

Woody

@GabeU wrote:

@hamradio 

For safety's sake I'd go back and edit your SAN out of the picture in this reply.

You can never be too careful these days.

Senior

The issue continues...  Still comes and goes.

Here is a connectivity test Sunday morning (12/6).

Capture.JPG

Senior

The situation has not improved.   Tonight is especially bad.   When it got really bad, I connected to the modem and did a "Connectivity Test".

As you can see delays like this do not constitute "high speed internet".   Is there anyway to monitor progress (if any) on the resolution of the issue?

Thanks, Woody  KZ4AK,   kz4ak.com

Capture.JPG

BTW, I got thie little image above loaded, but it took a full 60 seconds to upload it.

@Remy 

hamradio,

We normally get updates on progress bi-weekly, and I haven't seen anything in regards to specific improvements as of yet. We appreciate your patience and cooperation here, and hopefully it is resolved soon!

Thanks,

Remy