cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet - Long delay issue

Senior

Re: Slow internet - Long delay issue

Remy,

Thanks for the reply.  Sure would be nice to receive some feedback.  BTW, my allocated data just ran out - 5 days before renewal.  My typical usage has not changed from previous months when I "used" less than my 20Gb allowance. Strange...

Curiously, for simple browsing,  performance while throttled back is essentially as good as when I had data remaining.   Makes me uninclined to purchase token data.

The fact that performance has not changed reinforces my belief that the poor porformance is not download speed related, rather the huge delay issue.   A testmy just performed indicated 3 mbps but  as I mentioned, connections nearly as good as when I test 20 - 30 Mbps.

Woody

Woody

hamradio,

Interesting that your data ended up depleting early, but there's always the possibility that one of your devices may have performed an automatic update, possibly using up some of that data! 

In addition, I would concur, the issues would likely be due to high latency. The most recent report we received stated that your area is still being worked on, and that more updates will be coming in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Thanks,

Remy

Senior

Thank you for the update.  Hope they can find a solution!

Interesting sidebar...  In spite of being out of allocated data, today I accessed this HN site much faster than usual...    We will see what the future brings.

Woody

Edit:

Guess I spoke too soon.  It just took one minute to send one short text only email...  Guess that is better than the "sending email" fails I was getting the other day (I am guessing time-outs).   Oh well....

Senior

My bill just posted on 12-21, was for the usuall charge.  It did not reflect the charge reduction!   ????

@Remy 
@Remy wrote:

hamradio,

From what I'm gathering, our engineers are actively working on alleviating your issues and are making progress. You should experience improved performance in the coming weeks. Because we are unable to fully resolve your issue immediately, we will be discounting your HughesNet service for the next six months by $20 per month. Our goal is that you will see performance improvements long before the six months are up.

Thanks,

Remy

hamradio,

I had it sent up to be reduced for the next 6 months, after looking into it, I see it wasn't applied. I'll go ahead and credit 20 dollars on to the account, and will check to make sure tomorrow that the discount is applied! We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

Remy

Senior

@Remy 

The $20 credit was applied.  Thank you.  Now to see if it remains in place for the nest billing cycle...

Woody

Freshman

My problem was very slow speeds also.... Turned out the dish was misaligned since installation... They charged $125+tax to fix a problem that should have never been there. If your signal strength is Jess than 72 you'll have issues.... Mine was 49!!!! I'm pretty it's a scam to make a few extra bucks
Sophomore

Yes, I got hit up for a $125 charge when I didn't put in the request for them to come out...it was their idea.  I am requesting a refund because they ended up moving the dish, causing damage my irrigation piping.  I then spent time pick-axing the old cement and pipe out only to have the whole effort not improve anything.  Later we find that we are on an overcrowded beam with no options for improvement.  Then I get the charge for $125.