Slow internet and even slower support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swen0712
Freshman

Slow internet and even slower support

This is the fourth time I’ve contacted support. 4 hours or more in total time lost. And still no fix. Now I’m being told they will charge me 125 to get a tech out. Terrible support
9 REPLIES 9
Katie
Admin

Swen0702- Welcome to your HughesNet Community.  Let's see if our moderators, techs and fellow customers can help you here.  Typically, getting a tech to your site without a system failure is deemed a customer-requested site visit and it costs.  If nothing is wrong except the current problems caused by the excessive demand that's slowing down your system, a tech visit will be a waste of time and money. 

Katie

Finally........ after hours of back and fourth.... the supervisor (I’ll leave his name off here.... gave me a case number and indeed said that the slow service was due to this pandemic. If that would have been explained to me than I could have lived with that. Sometime honesty is the best policy.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It's been explained ad nauseum in this community.  

Swen0712 wrote:
Finally........ after hours of back and fourth.... the supervisor (I’ll leave his name off here.... gave me a case number and indeed said that the slow service was due to this pandemic. If that would have been explained to me than I could have lived with that. Sometime honesty is the best policy.

Hello folks,

I'm going to lock this thread and leave our community guidelines here as a refresher. If anyone has a HughesNet concern that needs to be addressed, please start your own thread so the community can assist.

Thank you.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

Yes, the visits aren't free.  You don't expect to get your car, or your fridge, or your broken foot repaired for free, do you? There are costs to get things fixed. 

Why don't you explain what issues you are experiencing?  Give a calm, detailed report, and people here will jump in to help.

Swen0712 wrote:
This is the fourth time I’ve contacted support. 4 hours or more in total time lost. And still no fix. Now I’m being told they will charge me 125 to get a tech out. Terrible support

The issue (maratsade) is it has not worked in the 10 days that I’ve had it installed. If your brand new car wasn’t working after you bought it an have put ZERO miles on it..... no..... you wouldn’t expect to pay for the repairs. And if you would .... well then.... I’ve got some beach front I’d be willing to sell you in Colorado.
maratsade

The issue is, there's a cost to get repairs done with certain things,like satellite internet. 

Why don't you just crowdsource the problem? Let this community help.

Swen0712 wrote:
The issue (maratsade) is it has not worked in the 10 days that I’ve had it installed. If your brand new car wasn’t working after you bought it an have put ZERO miles on it..... no..... you wouldn’t expect to pay for the repairs. And if you would .... well then.... I’ve got some beach front I’d be willing to sell you in Colorado.

Ok...... ummmm...... “crowd” please fix my internet.

Like that?

SMH 🤔
maratsade

Awww, you poor thing. You come to a support community and don't even know how to work with the group.  God bless your heart. 

Swen0712 wrote:
Ok...... ummmm...... “crowd” please fix my internet.

Like that?

SMH 🤔