cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet at night

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Slow internet at night

And it gets worse as the copper lines age and aren't replaced. Copper phone lines are going the way of the dinosaurs. 
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Copper phone lines are going the way of the dinosaurs.
Indeed. Which is why I dropped my landline. The carrier wasn't very keen on repairing stuff (mostly lightning damage and apparently squirrel damage). I even had to involve the SCC to get the carrier to actually show up to fix the phones.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

By which I mean it (the service) was awful.  I wasn't awful, though I was pretty cranky.
ROFLMAO!!!

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

My frustration drives the dialup comment.
I think they ought to call when they say.  I bet you have other things to do besides sitting by the phone!  Stick around here and check tomorrow after 9 am EST when the Hughesnet folks get here.
Highlighted

I've had a couple of problems over the years with my landline phone, both of them being static, but they fixed it pretty quickly.  I only get two bars here normally, so I'm glad I still have the landline.  Plus, as I've stated a few times before in other threads, the whole 911 emergency service thing. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

I totally agree with the whole 911 thing.  But I had just had it with the issues with the landline, and I realized I hadn't called 911 ever, so I took my chances. I wish there were some way to register cell phones with 911 or something, especially given that landline providers are not really taking good care of the copper lines.  I do have the sheriff's number on my contacts.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

I'm old. Remember when things where shiny and new, phone lines, bridges, water lines....etc.
Highlighted

The telegraph!
Highlighted

I'm old. Remember when things where shiny and new, phone lines, bridges, water lines....etc.
The wheel, fire, spoken language, walking upright....  J/K! 

Highlighted

The wheel, fire, spoken language, walking upright....  J/K!
Keep poking the Dog and he's gonna bite....Smiley Wink