cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet at night

Alum

Re: Slow internet at night

Hello montellopnds,

Thanks for the updated tests. I will update you once I have more info. 

- Chris
Distinguished Professor IV

Wow.  You sure do have some drastic drops in speed, no doubt.   A general slowdown is one thing, but 591Kbps?  Sheesh! 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Ok, now the speed is terribly slow mid day today. I have been extremely patient. Someone needs to get me help ASAP! I don't think this is fair to me to not have my problem escalated yet. My first call in for help was almost one month ago. Chris, maybe this needs to be escalated to your boss. Let's get this moving towards resolution. Thanksgiving is over.

I am very close to packing all this stuff up and sending it back
Freshman

Thanksgiving may be over for you, but the HughesNet folk won't be back in the office until Monday.

How many are having this problem?  My mama is having the same issue with slow speeds.  She pays for 10 mbps but never gets more than 3 mbps every time I have run speed tests.  When the Gen 4 was installed, the tech had me use Speedtest.net, so I have used that and the Hughesnet Speed Test and neither goes above 3 mbps on download speed.  I'm trying to help Mama with this, but I'm a bit lost on what to do.  Why do you have to run the tests without the router?  I need the speeds to work with a router.  Why does it seem like a lot of people are having the same problem?  
Honorary Alumnus

Tests are ran without a router to see what the baseline system performance levels are.
There are settings within a router such as QoS that will traffic shape your connection under some circumstances.
New Poster

Hello montellopnds,

We were off Thursday and Friday, then the weekend. I'm still catching up on some things from the extended break but I will update you soon. Just waiting for some feedback. Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Ok Chris. My patience is wearing thin. I called in today and worked with one of your colleagues. We completed even more tests. He gave me a case number #101686959. Could you please tell me when I can expect a call from the group this gets escalated to?
Alum

Hi montellopnds,

I understand that you are frustrated. Our tech support hot line at this point does not need to be contacted. You are already escalated directly to our engineering team that works in the NOC. There is no higher level technician when it comes to customer site adjustments. As I said before it was a short week and it may take longer for me to hear something back but I assure you they are working on this. Like everyone I'm sure they are all getting caught up today, once I do hear some concrete feedback I will let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Chris