cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet at night

Re: Slow internet at night

Thank you GabeU.  I will start a new post and test accordingly to your suggestions.
New Poster

We have just started getting extremely slow service every night. My tests are running in the 0.75 mps range and sometimes even slower. I don't know what has happened to the service but it was not that slow before. I live in a rural area and this is my only option for internet.

Chris, one other thing I have noticed about our service is the amount of data we are consuming. My wife and I are normally the only ones using the service. We do not stream anything, primarily use the service for email, Facebook and a little on line shopping. We are burning through 10GB quickly. In some cases less than two weeks. We have an apple desktop, two iPads and two iPhones. We don't have a lot of history yet, but this seems excessive to me. Please pass this info on the engineers.

Thanks
Distinguished Professor II

Steve,

Are you using whatever it is you have on your devices (I know an Apple desktop has the Activity Monitor) to monitor the data usage on them?  I've seen in the past where people have had problems with data consumption and it turned out that it was their Apple devices that were using an excessive amount, though I don't recall what was using it.  I don't have any Apple devices. 

Are any of them connecting to the iCloud? 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Thanks Gabe. I turned all of the iCloud setting off, don't need or use it anyway. I also shut off automatic video play on FB. I will look into the activity monitor for apple. I was hoping 10GB would be enough for me and my wife. We don't stream.
Alum

Hello richknow,

We'd love to assist you. Please create a new post with more details and we can get started.

Thank you,
Chris

Hey Chris, any update for me? At 6:30pm central time my internet download speed is .55MPS and .04MPS upload. It has been three weeks since I put my initial post here and my slow internet speed has not improved.
Alum

Hi Montellopnds,

At the moment there is no update. I've been trying to get in contact with our engineers to get some type of info for you with no success. I think this is a busy period for them. For any inconvenience this is causing I will make sure to credit your account in the mean time. I'll keep bugging them until I get some concrete info.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris, is there another place we can discuss my situation rather than this community? Can you call me ?
Alum

Hello Steve,

I can have a case manager contact you. Within 1 or 2 business days. What is the best range of time to reach you?

- Chris