cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet at night

Re: Slow internet at night

Late afternoon or evening would work best. If that person or you could give me 24 hour notice that would be great

Me too, There are a lot of reoccurring problems at hughesnet
Alum

Hi Steve,

We'll have someone contact you around this time tomorrow then.

- Chris

Well Chris, here we go again. You told me someone would contact me today and no one did. After weeks of patiently waiting for the next level of technical support...my internet is still slow and not a word from anyone other than you. This really needs to get escalated, this is absolutely beyond the worst customer service experience ever.

Chris, what's going on now? We are now over 4 weeks into this issue and I don't know any more now than I did when I first contacted you
Alum

Hello Steve,

I apologize for the delay in response. I was hoping to hear back from my engineer contact before the end of the day. I will hopefully still be able to get an update you. However they have been working on your site so hopefully you start to see some improvement.

I got word that you contacted our corporate office today and spoke to one of our executive support. If I have furthered your bad experience with our service I am sorry. I should have updated you quicker. I wanted to get some concrete information to you instead of stalling.

As for the phone call I was out of the office last Friday, and couldn't be here to make sure that it would follow through. I do ultimately believe we can resolve this for you. As soon as I have word from the engineers I will update you again.

Thanks,
Chris
Alum

Hi Steve,

I received some new information from our engineers. Based on the tests and diagnostics run, our engineers only noticed a dip in speeds during usual peak times of the day. Meaning, when most people are home and using the internet. Which is normal. At no point did they see in the span of 24 hours a drop below 60% in advertised speeds for your plan.

What they did recommend is sending out a tech to check your system cabling, LAN cables, and any other essential connections. There may be an issue there that is causing all of this. I would like to get someone out to you as soon as possible. What is a good day and time to send one out? We'll try our best to accommodate. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris

Ok Chris, this Friday 12/16 would work for me in the morning. I could also be available on Monday 12/19 or Wednesday 12/21. I would also like to know if download speeds of 500KB at night is normal. Those were my results last night at 7:30.
Alum

Hi Steve,

Your Dispatch is currently scheduled for Friday, Dec 16, 2016 between 02:00 PM-05:00 PM. I hope this time range is suitable. If anything changes and you would like to reschedule give us a call on our support hotline to get immediate assistance. Or post back here with details. I've left specific instructions for the tech to check all cabling and even bring their own computer to test with as well. Keep us posted.

Thanks,
Chris

Ok, I re-schedule some plans I had and be here for that appointment