cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet at night

Alum

Re: Slow internet at night

Hello Steve,

Sounds good, Let us know if anything comes up. I hope this improves your experience.

- Chris
Alum

Hi Steve,

I got word that during your tech visit, most of your equipment was switched out. Except for the modem. So, I have created an order for a replacement to be sent out to you. You should receive it within a few days. All you'll need to do is swap them out and send us the old one back in the same box. There is no charge for this. If for any reason you run into issues after the swap please give us a call or post back here.

You also inquired about a potential plan change. Changing your plan would put you on a different gateway, potentially improving your experience. However It is not a guarantee. The highest and next plan up would be Pro Plus. Pro Plus increases upload speed from 1 Mbps to 2 Mbps, and 5 GB of more data. We can do this at the current price you are paying. If that is something you would like to try please let me know and I'll make the change.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Chris, I will watch for the modem and get that changed out and returned.

I would like to take you up on the plan upgrade at our current plan cost.

I am also requesting an allotment of 20GB of data be added to my account for all the upload and download testing we have done for the last 2 months.

Finally, is it normal that our download speed will fall to 500KB or less in the evening?

I appreciate all your help with this...thank you
Steve
Alum

Hi Steve,

That is very low even for the evening. Hopefully the final swap of the modem will change things. I've upgraded your plan at the same price and added token bandwidth to your account. Keep us posted once you've received the modem.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Chris. I looked at my account services and it shows the next level plan, however it bumped the price up as well.
Alum

Hi Steve,

Yes, when adding the price change, you will not see it reflected until the next billing cycle. The discount will apply then. The system should correct itself when the next bill generates. In general that is how much the plan is by default. We'll keep our eye on it to make sure everything goes through.

- Chris

Hey Chris, after changing everything including me buying and new router I have not seen much improvement in our speed at night. I was just now trying to download a 10 minute YouTube video and quit after 10 minutes of spinning circle. The speed test showed less than 1MB download. What other options can you try?

899 KBs download and 205 KBs upload

Chris, 5:30 pm Jan 2... 1.5 Mps download, 38 KBs upload.
What's next?
Sophomore

Chris, just wanted to piggyback on this message. My speed tonight is 0.36 download and 2.11 upload at 6:08 CST. This is just the opposite of what would be expected. A few minutes earlier download was less than 0.70 and upload was almost 7.00. Very strange.