cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chelsea90
Freshman

Slow internet since the beginning

Hello,

I am new to HughesNet since the beginning of September and have had problems with slow internet from day 1. I have called customer service a few time and have spoke to the enigineers as well. What usually happens is I talk to the representative and either my internet will speed up a little bit where we can somewhat use it and then it will become slow again or my internet just doesn't speed up. We also have the issue where it states the speed is good but when we try to use the internet, it is really slow. My fiance and I both stream videos (I watch movies on Netflix and he watches Youtube videos) and we are both unable to watch at the same time. One will work while the other buffers and then stops working. This doesn't happen all the time but it happens the majority of the time. I understand that tests have to be done and I don't mind doing all that but I am frustrated because I am paying for this service that is not delivering to their promise of fast internet. All I want is to be able to watch movies on Netflix and Youtube. I am not sure what to do anymore because everytime I've called, the issue is somewhat resolved and then comes back. I am not sure if we need someone to come out and check everything but as of right now, I am not happy with my service! 

30 REPLIES 30

Ran 4 speed tests and my upload is faster than my download speed. WTH ?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Sdn wrote:

Ran 4 speed tests and my upload is faster than my download speed. WTH ?

Would help if you started your own thread (topic) with some real info like test results such as this:  http://testmy.net/quickstats/BirdDog2017

Jumping into others problems only muddies the waters as there are many different reasons your speed might be slow. Posting your own topic allows for much better individual support.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

So, would you like to try to troubleshoot and fix the issue, or is complaining about enough for you?  Your setup may need adjustments.  It's not a "very sad service." It's a service that may not be working properly for you at the moment and may need tweaking.  Take a proactive approach to the issue instead of just grumbling about it.

@Sdn wrote:

I must be one of the non most crowd !! It even struggles at times to load the page for the speed test. Very sad service. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Yes. And better than advertised too.

@Sdn wrote:

Has anyone ever actually seen this internet service run as advertised ?

Hi Chelsea,

Beam 5 has completed adjustments midweek last week to provide some relief for speed concerns. Please let me know how the service is working for you now.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

ok, I will check when I have more data and send results from the tests. Thank you. 

I am new to this site as well as HughesNet. I have had it since June 30th of this year. It is the worst service I have ever had. It is so slow...I was so much time being frustrated because I have to keep reloading the page. I can't watch Netflex because it constantly buffers and just stops sometimes. I have never had satellite service before and when Dish came to set me up the connected me with HughesNet for internet without my knowledge. It was never discussed with me. I am not a young person and this being my first time to use it, I did not realize I could have chosen a different internet server. I feel like I have been taken advantage of and the cost to get rid of this Is so expensive. When I first contacted them they told me I had used all my data for the month...I was set up with the 25. I asked to have it bumped up to the next plan, thinking that would fix the "slow" problem, but no, I just got a bill for over $97.00...up from $69.00. I really want out of this joke of an internet service. Really frustrated. 

beckyfairless33
Freshman

This letter, except for the fiance, could have been written by me. I have had an identical experience.