cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet since the beginning

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Slow internet since the beginning

So, would you like to try to troubleshoot and fix the issue, or is complaining about enough for you?  Your setup may need adjustments.  It's not a "very sad service." It's a service that may not be working properly for you at the moment and may need tweaking.  Take a proactive approach to the issue instead of just grumbling about it.

@Sdn wrote:

I must be one of the non most crowd !! It even struggles at times to load the page for the speed test. Very sad service. 

Highlighted

Hi Chelsea,

Beam 5 has completed adjustments midweek last week to provide some relief for speed concerns. Please let me know how the service is working for you now.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

ok, I will check when I have more data and send results from the tests. Thank you. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I am new to this site as well as HughesNet. I have had it since June 30th of this year. It is the worst service I have ever had. It is so slow...I was so much time being frustrated because I have to keep reloading the page. I can't watch Netflex because it constantly buffers and just stops sometimes. I have never had satellite service before and when Dish came to set me up the connected me with HughesNet for internet without my knowledge. It was never discussed with me. I am not a young person and this being my first time to use it, I did not realize I could have chosen a different internet server. I feel like I have been taken advantage of and the cost to get rid of this Is so expensive. When I first contacted them they told me I had used all my data for the month...I was set up with the 25. I asked to have it bumped up to the next plan, thinking that would fix the "slow" problem, but no, I just got a bill for over $97.00...up from $69.00. I really want out of this joke of an internet service. Really frustrated. 

Highlighted
Associate Professor
Highlighted
Freshman

ok recent tests run-

Testmy.net results:

1. http://testmy.net/db/PJOLl7N6Z
  2. http://testmy.net/db/5SR1srzCp
  3. http://testmy.net/db/fY8d2uZqe

Hughesnet speed test results:

speedsnov.JPG

Highlighted

Good morning Chelsea,

Thank you for running the tests and posting! I will send this over to engineering. I do want to get better speeds for you. I'll post back once I have any updates. Should you see any change in performance, good or bad, please let us know, I will keep sending your feedback to engineering so they are aware.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

So should I be getting a call from engineering or your just sending them information about my case? I will say last night it was slow. We had a lot of buffering going on. 

Highlighted

No need to wait for any calls, I send everyone's feedback from the community directly to the engineers here at corporate. Once I have any updates to share, I'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Highlighted
Freshman

Our internet is running horribly! Buffering a lot and can't even stream youtube and a movie at the same time... I feel like I am not getting what I am paying for and I have been doing everything you guys asked.