cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet speed. HughesNet is not delivering what they are promising!

Tutor

Re: Slow internet speed. HughesNet is not delivering what they are promising!

jball1125, you are talking to someone in Liz who can and will fix your issue. Provide her with the requested test and let her get to work on your issue.
Highlighted
Freshman

I'm tired of running around in circles with hughesnet, myself. Thought, maybe.if I jump in on this stage of the issue with someone else, maybe it will get resolved.

Associate Professor

@capnzathrus

It may be best to create a new topic so that Hughesnet can focus on your specific issues and problems as they may be different and have a different root cause.

Spectator

Curious... your "engineers"... They have engineering degrees in what? Or is this the superfluous title bestowed upon mere technicians to make them sound more knowledgeable than reality?
Spectator

Curious... your "engineers"... They have engineering degrees in what? Or is this the superfluous title bestowed upon mere technicians to make them sound more knowledgeable than reality? My garbage man is now a "Waste Disposal Engineer".
Spectator

OMG I am having the same issue as I type and have called and called and called, I live in a rual area but I never had this issue with Casair when they are available in my area I am canceling this crappy service I have that we can't watch a **bleep** movie on demand or netflix it is sooooo stupid. We should not have to pay to cancel when you are breaching the contract, and not providing good service, news stations here we come
Distinguished Professor III

@Nicolewyatt

Have you tried pausing, or turning off, the Video Data Saver, which when on, which is the deafult setting, deliberately throttles the speed of the service to such that is amenable to SD when streaming?  

What is Video Data Saver?

Keep in mind that streaming in HD uses a LOT of data.  Also, you mentioned On Demand.  If you're doing so through a satellite TV receiver, especially a DirecTV receiver, it's not recommended, as the receiver itself can, and often does, use data for things other than On Demand viewing, and can wipe out your monthly allotment of data in short order.  Therefore, it's recommended to not even connect a satellite TV receiver, especially a DirecTV receiver, to HughesNet.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hello @Nicolewyatt

We definitely want to help you get this resolved and the most direct way to do this is to help you in your own thread. If @GabeU's recommendations do not resolve your issue or you have more questions/concerns, please create a new post in our technical support category with some more details such as the devices you are using, time of day the issues occur and any troubleshooting you've done so far.

This post was resurrected from last year but unfortunately we did not receive any response from the original poster last year, so this thread will be closed. If anyone still has questions or concerns please create a new thread in the appropriate category.

Thank you,

Amanda