Hughesnet Community

Slow internet speed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wkvette

Slow internet speed

just had internet and phone service installed on 9/17. So far I am not satisfied with the internet speed. slow loading web pages and slow downloading. Called tech services and was on the phone for half an hour and got cut off, and I have hugh.net phone service. I got nowhere with the tech rep and I'm not sure if I am going to call back because calling Hugh.net is an aggravating experience.
59 REPLIES 59
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Very nice. 

CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Gabe U is correct it would be better if you were to start your own post, even if your issue appears to be the same as some other customers its always better to use your own post to save any confusion as to who the Mods are helping
ljhouston99

I'll take my business elsewhere where the customer is respected and actually helped. Been through your entire board and haven't found "one" post saying a slow connection was solved. Most of those threads are closed for comments. One of the biggest lies ever told: We're from corporate and we're here to help.  HMMMM?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Well, if you ar not willing to troubleshoot at this level then pay the ETF and depart.
ljhouston99

Well, don't be so indignant. My trouble report of 1 mb dnlds since install 6 weeks ago has been escalated 4 times. It is now on the 5th time because you geniuses have lost every single ticket, and now I have to wait another 4 days again for some so-called corporate techie to look at the problem. I have called "your" cust support every night for the past 6 weeks. NOTHING has been done except test this and test that, using up my data allowance. I won't let you people steal another cent from me. And you ARE going to refund every cent I have lost to you people. Go get a real job, maybe like collections agent. Seems like you are suited to pissing people off. A diplomat, you are not. Hey Gwalk... and by the way,  SCREW YOU!

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

By the way Buttercup, it is not "my" customer support, it is not my phone support and I'm not going to refund you squat.
I am a fellow user. For over 12 years over three platforms.
I know computers very well, Hughes systems very well and my system kicks out speeds of 21 to 27 Mbps.
Now, if you want help, this is the place, if you want Corporate level support, this is the place, if you want to act in a less than adult manner .... go elsewhere.
Sounds more like you need to go to your "safe place".
GabeU

I don't think a "safe place" is going to help this person.  Seems angry at the world.  
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Maybe this will help him understand who is who: https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/details/employees

Oh, click on the 3 different categories to see who is who in case it isn't obvious.
ljhouston99

Glad "your" service is pumping out 21 to 27 mbps. Good for you.  "go to your safe place" is just the kind of schoolyard talk you and your brethren would come up with. Did you graduate high school yet? Sounds like you are a millennial brat. All mouth and no brains.
ljhouston99

No, you [poopy] head. I am just angry at you smart [butt] kids who think they know the world and how it works. I am certainly angry with hughesnet and all those associated with it. And I have every right to be angry due to the way I have been treated. So, good night and [potato] you.

[edited for profanity - Amanda]
GabeU

In case you didn't realize  there are community rules.  Quit the foul language and personal attacks.  They aren't tolerated, nor needed.   

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Kids? I wish!
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

EDIT: Lol Amanda on the "poopy" head, now I really feel like a kid. Thanks for my first laugh of the day!
GabeU

Potato you?  ROFLMAO!!!!!!  I love the edits.  It's like Mad Lib!  
GabeU

Potato you?  ROFLMAO!!!!!!  I love the edits.  It's like Mad Lib!  
GabeU

That should have been Mad Libs, not Lib.  Ugh.  
Kobilla
Spectator

You won't get help from Hughesnet if their speed tests show you are getting at least 20 Mb speeds. I have a 3 Mb service that is also satellite and it is faster than the 20 Mb Hughesnet for general surfing and email. They give you the sorry but you're getting the speed advertised and do nothing about it. The problem is the latency of their satellites is horrendous. Their tests don't take into account the time it takes to load the page which in my case is 20 seconds to load the speed test page. My other service at 3 Mb is done with the speed test before Hughesnet even loads the test. Ridiculous.

maratsade

"The problem is the latency of their satellites is horrendous."

Satellite internet has high latency due to the laws of physics, not due to a specific company. 

If you need tech support, please start a new thread.  This thread you're on is very old. @Liz@Jorge@Amanda

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.