cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet speed

Highlighted

Re: Slow internet speed

No, you [poopy] head. I am just angry at you smart [butt] kids who think they know the world and how it works. I am certainly angry with hughesnet and all those associated with it. And I have every right to be angry due to the way I have been treated. So, good night and [potato] you.

[edited for profanity - Amanda]
Distinguished Professor IV

In case you didn't realize  there are community rules.  Quit the foul language and personal attacks.  They aren't tolerated, nor needed.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

Kids? I wish!
Assistant Professor

EDIT: Lol Amanda on the "poopy" head, now I really feel like a kid. Thanks for my first laugh of the day!

Potato you?  ROFLMAO!!!!!!  I love the edits.  It's like Mad Lib!  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Potato you?  ROFLMAO!!!!!!  I love the edits.  It's like Mad Lib!  

That should have been Mad Libs, not Lib.  Ugh.  

Spectator

You won't get help from Hughesnet if their speed tests show you are getting at least 20 Mb speeds. I have a 3 Mb service that is also satellite and it is faster than the 20 Mb Hughesnet for general surfing and email. They give you the sorry but you're getting the speed advertised and do nothing about it. The problem is the latency of their satellites is horrendous. Their tests don't take into account the time it takes to load the page which in my case is 20 seconds to load the speed test page. My other service at 3 Mb is done with the speed test before Hughesnet even loads the test. Ridiculous.

Professor

"The problem is the latency of their satellites is horrendous."

Satellite internet has high latency due to the laws of physics, not due to a specific company. 

If you need tech support, please start a new thread.  This thread you're on is very old. @Liz@Jorge@Amanda

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

OP's concern has since been resolved so I'm closing this old thread. Please start your own if you would like to work with us in addressing your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->