cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet

Bdmelchi
New Poster

Slow internet

Ever since I moved to Hughes net, I can't get speeds over 1mbps. They sold me by saying I would have 25mbps and when it throttles down it would not go below 3. My wife starts work from home next week, and she cannot do her job of dial up speeds. Since I was promised a speed, and it should be on a recorded line, can I cancel without fees, because they have truly feel short on their end, in a huge way.
5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Slow internet

Speeds are not guaranteed, as stated in the subscriber agreement, which is available to everyone online. When throttled, speeds can be up to 3 Mbps, which means they can be below that too, depending on many factors.  And when not throttled, speeds can be more or less than 25Mbps. They are also not guaranteed, as they depend on many factors.  All of this is openly stated in the agreement. 

You may want to review the subscriber agreement, which is a legally binding document that you agree to by initiating a subscription. Hopefully you read it before agreeing to have the service installed, as proceeding with the installation constitutes acceptance of the terms of the agreement, including the early termination fee of $400.  

Did you get the system installed recently?  If it's been 3 months or so, you can ask to have your sales called reviewed. The HN staff on this site can pull your call and review what expectations the sales person set. 

If you would like to have your sales call reviewed, please state so in a post.  It can take 7 business days to get a result from the review, and the HN staff on this site will contact you via private message regarding the results of their investigation. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Bdmelchi wrote:
Ever since I moved to Hughes net, I can't get speeds over 1mbps. They sold me by saying I would have 25mbps and when it throttles down it would not go below 3. My wife starts work from home next week, and she cannot do her job of dial up speeds. Since I was promised a speed, and it should be on a recorded line, can I cancel without fees, because they have truly feel short on their end, in a huge way.

Bdmelchi
New Poster

I agreed to purchase/subscribe to Hughesnet after being sold on it over the phone. I was switching to dish Network and they cross sold me to this. It was stated it wouldn't go below 3mbps. Over the phone I didn't have the agreement. I would love to have it reviewed, **bleep** it was done last fall and I have slept since then.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

It sounds like the call may not be available anymore, but the reps here will probably check.  

The agreement is not on paper, but it's available online to everyone for review before the sign up.  See, signing up is the same as agreeing to the terms.  

The Hughesnet staff on this site will be back Monday; they will probably look into this to see what, if anything, they can do for you. 

Bdmelchi wrote:
I agreed to purchase/subscribe to Hughesnet after being sold on it over the phone. I was switching to dish Network and they cross sold me to this. It was stated it wouldn't go below 3mbps. Over the phone I didn't have the agreement. I would love to have it reviewed, **bleep** it was done last fall and I have slept since then.

Liz

Hi Bdmelchi,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Bdmelchi,

Good news, we have a quick turnaround on your sales call review request. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.