Slow or dropping connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrCRJP
Freshman

Slow or dropping connection

Hello.. For the last couple of days, we've been seeing seriously degraded performance from our Hughesnet connection. Last night, I had a yellow light on the diagnostics page due to a 30.1.1 state error. I went and reset the MBX connection multiple times, rebooted the modem from the Admin web interface several times, and power cycled the modem a few times. Eventually, it cleared the 30.1.1 error, but our speeds are still consistently very slow. Most websites and apps on our phones are timing out, and podcasts would fail to download this morning during the Bonus Zone time. We've had some snow here lately, but there's nothing on the dish itself.

I had previously had the modem plugged into the battery backed outlet of a true sinewave UPS, and just recently plugged it straight into the wall when I repurposed the UPS. I don't think that should be causing the problems, but perhaps our power needed the conditioning provided by the UPS? That's about the only thing I can think of which might cause the problem.

Is there any way one of the moderators could have corporate ping our device to see whether there's an adjustment needed? I'm happy to provide any input from this end.. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning MrCRJP,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. I also just ran diagnostics on your site and everything looks fine. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30