Honorary Alumnus

Re: Slow service high price

Alan wins todays internets.
Assistant Professor

Alan is so kind when being blunt.  Smiley Happy

I don't have that attribute.

Hahaaa you're right I don't know shit about satellite internet! My friend was shouting out all that tech BS! I do know that HughesNet sucks compared to other ISPs! Let me personally ask you this... When ViaSat and EchStar both get their new sats in position, what kind of net will we be experiencing? Speed and price wise relative to today¿

For real though are you guys like IT guys or what?
Honorary Alumnus

Neither company has released any details so speculation is the name of the game.
My guess is that a lot of J2 capacity will go to get Gen4 grade coverage for the center and western US.
Spaceway3 is getting old.
Assistant Professor

IT is a bit of a slur to me. I'm more of a tech guy. Science Degree in Electronics Technology and actually repaired and designed things right down to transistors and resistors in the old days. Even vacuum tube stuff. Yes, I'm old.

A SATCOM Superintendent in the Air Force. So I know satellite just a bit.  Smiley Happy
Advanced Tutor

I've been a residential and commercial satellite TV and Internet retailer/technician off and on for 35 years. Licensed amateur radio operator at age 12, AS electronics degree, off-air TV antenna technician for RCA, California-licensed C-10 electrical and communications contractor, an IT network manager, and department manager for a national satellite TV systems manufacturer and a satellite TV guide publisher.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

I've been a residential and commercial satellite TV and Internet retailer/technician off and on for 35 years. Licensed amateur radio operator at age 12, AS electronics degree, off-air TV antenna technician for RCA, California-licensed C-10 electrical and communications contractor, an IT network manager, and department manager for a national satellite TV systems manufacturer and a satellite TV guide publisher.
Honorary Alumnus

Older than BirdDog and that is going some. Smiley Happy

Advanced Tutor

Damn double post...

Oh, forgot, left out Rock and Roll musician.

That's where I get my sense of rhythm Smiley Happy