Hughesnet Community

Slow service high price

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heatherleann922

Slow service high price

Service is awful!! 71 dollars a month you would think you would have unlimited data or atleast be able to watch videos without having to stop to load. As soon as I find a new option of internet I will be switching! I have never heard of such high prices and had such tallow service. No point in spending that money on crap!
54 REPLIES 54
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

GW,

This what they will need.  Please make sure, when testing, to use only a single device connected directly to the modem.  No router.  Please use the 2MB manual test size for upload tests, and try to run a batch of three to five tests, each spaced at least five minutes apart, and try to run a batch at various times of the day, ideally morning, afternoon and evening.  After you've run some tests, come back and indicate so, and the reps can look at the speeds. 

What you've run thus far is helpful, but they will need to have a few run with the protocols stated.

With that stated, other than those really whacky ones of 4Kb and 7Kb, your upload speeds aren't awful, but they do seem a bit low.     

Also, when you run download tests you should use the 12MB manual size.

GW
Advanced Tutor

No need Gabe. The engineers have been working on my system/account for ages.  It's finally come down to this. My beam is so grotesquely oversold there's nothing that can be done. I've been told it will remain this way until they launch the new satellite.

Alternatively, the best I can hope for is bigtime churn with enough people growing so sick and tired of it they abandon Hughes and free up some bandwidth for me.
GabeU

Ah.  That's not good.  Well, supposedly the satellite is launching some time in September, and hopefully it won't be long before they finish their testing and such and get it online. 

I wouldn't count on the second option happening.  LOL. 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Gabe, where did you see a September launch date? This is all I have found: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/hey-gang-found-this-little-nugget
GabeU

Ah.  My mistake.  I was looking at the wrong one.  December, not September. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

That's a shame because I'm perfect.  : )

I'm hoping the December date is valid. Would think so as assembling the booster stages and rolling out to the pad all takes time and jockeying around launch dates isn't all that easy. Of course also assumes the satellite is ready, all buttoned up, shipped to Florida and on top of the candle by then.

Is nice to see it is all USA launch this time. US location and booster.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I was hunting around for a hint as to how long the calibration and testing phase was for Echostar17.
It was launched July 5th 2012. It is interesting to note that initially it was "parked" at 119.99' W. for a time before being moved to its assigned orbital location of 107.1' W.
It had 60 spot beams that had to be aimed and it doesn't seem that that could be done when not in its final location.
This thread was the first mention of ES17:
  https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/the_gen4_bird_echostar_17_is_parked_in_geosync_or...

But I couldn't find the date of first operation.
Anyone remember when service actually started ?
GW
Advanced Tutor

No Gabe, definitely not good. Not sure I believe a word of it. I think it's more like the Rapid City gateway is very goofed up and they don't know how to fix it.

Regardless, something is going on. A couple of weeks ago they jiggered the Hughes test history page and removed the ability to export a csv spreadsheet file. I think they got tired of people like me analyzing their performance data.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Gwalk,

I think this might be the right date.
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/121429
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks Reggie, I think you are correct.
That put it a about three months after launch.
Amanda

Hello,
It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include an updated response so that we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Amanda
maratsade

@Amanda, the thread didn't close.

@Amandawrote:
Hello,
It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include an updated response so that we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Amanda

Th50
Spectator

Same here