Slow speed 549kps

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegeta
Freshman

Slow speed 549kps

I cant stream and downloading anything takes forever, this has been a constant problem since i signed with Hughes net.image_2021-11-06_173557.png

17 REPLIES 17
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Vegeta 

First check to make sure you aren't out of plan data.  

If you aren't out of plan data, what do you see listed for a State Code at the top of this modem page?  Both the code and description.

image_2021-11-06_181106.png

GabeU

@Vegeta 

You should edit that picture out, as it includes your SAN, which is your account number.  That should never be published in public.  

Edited 

GabeU

@Vegeta 

What is the State Code?

image_2021-11-06_183015.png

GabeU

@Vegeta 

Since it's 0.0.0, which indicates that the equipment is running properly, the next step is running the tests maratsade instructed.  

After you have run a few, please post your Results page URL so that the test results can be viewed on that testmy page.  

maratsade

That speed is too low, especially since you're not out of data.  One example alone is not enough, though, so you will have to run more tests. The required procedure is detailed here:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

For more information on running these tests, check this page: https://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/internet/how-check-your-speed-performance

Vegeta wrote:

I cant stream and downloading anything takes forever, this has been a constant problem since i signed with Hughes net.image_2021-11-06_173557.png

I will run more tests in an hour or 2 I will post the results here but here is 1 more for now image_2021-11-06_182649.png

maratsade

Don't post them one at a time. You need to post the URL to your My Results page. You will need to create a free account with Testmy.net.  Until you do that and run the tests and post the URL to MyResults page, please don't post individual tests -- they don't help. 

GabeU

@Vegeta 

Perfect.  

Since the HughesNet reps won't be back until Monday, I would get a few more more batches of tests in if you're able.  Maybe one later this evening and then a couple tomorrow at different times of the day.  

This way they'll have plenty of results to view and enough to see if there are any patterns that might help indicate the cause of the problem.

Mine is the same way. It's too slow to load the test site to do a test.  On the status page it says everything is functioning properly. I have wifi turned off and operating on a LAN cable. Won't load any web site at all. Took about 5 minutes to load the community page.

maratsade

If you'd like the reps to have a look at your particular issue, please start your own topic by going to the Tech Support section and clicking the button that's labeled "Start a topic."  You will need to run speed tests too. 

@fox12 wrote:

Mine is the same way. It's too slow to load the test site to do a test.  On the status page it says everything is functioning properly. I have wifi turned off and operating on a LAN cable. Won't load any web site at all. Took about 5 minutes to load the community page.

GabeU

@fox12 wrote:

If you'd like help, you can check your data and the State Code as mentioned above.  If you have data and your State Code is 0.0.0, you can run some tests as instructed, but please start a new topic to keep your speed issue separate from Vegeta's, as they may have different causes.   

Thanks, it straightened out..

Vegeta,

Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Community! Before we proceed, I'll need a bit more information. Please send you account number or a phone number attached to the account to this link! This will help us take a look into your modem and figure out what might be going on.

Thanks,

Remy