cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed Very disappointed

Highlighted

Slow speed Very disappointed

We joined Hughesnet a couple weeks ago thinking we would save some money, already upgraded instead of spending 16.00 for more data. Web pages dont load, excessive data usage. Wish we never would have switched. Called CS told to unplug for 10 sec to reset. Now I have to make sure WIFI is off before i go to work..Very unhappy
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Slow speed Very disappointed

My feelings exactly!

We are in the same boat. Hate it already and only had it for a month...

Gee, I am sorry that you all are having problems. I have been with Hughes Net ever since they came on the scene. I too have had problems with them but on the long haul they are wonderful. We have the HN9000 system and it works marvelous for us. We have two separate computers on this account and we rarely have problems anymore. We have good speeds 95% of the time. Since we are very isolated where we live and are 60+ miles from a large city, we couldn't do without them. I have never found any company down here that even comes close to offering what we have. Being 25 miles from ANY town, we definitely have problems with small local companies. I suggest you hang in there with them and get your issues fixed! They have always done right by us for many years!! I guess if you live in a large city you are probably going to get faster services from different companies but we don't have that luxury and are VERY SATISFIED with what Hughes Net has done for us.

You have time to cancel your service! Get out while you can or suffer the consequences!! $400.00 to cancel.  It only gets worse.  Report them to the BBB. ASP.

Hi sharreyk,

Welcome to the HughesNet community! I'm sorry your expectations aren't being met. We would like to help you and address your concerns. I was able to pull up your account so we can run remote diagnostics on your site to check the HughesNet equipment and ability to communicate with the satellite.

To help us address your concern, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Liz-
Okay  I will do that, will you respond to me on this page or email me directly.
Sharrey
Junior

Hi sharreyk,

I have only been with Hughes since the first part of May and I too had many problems.  Thank goodness I found this department of Hughes.  Don't get discouraged and give up -- this department of Hughes will handle your problems as they seem to have mine.  It may take a while and you may have to run many tests -- but the results will be worth it.  Remember that the Reps want a happy customer and want your problems solved as much as you do! They will go all out to solve your problems.

bkeeper

Hi sharreyk,

Thanks, looking forward to hearing back from you once the speed tests are complete. Our correspondence will be via the community, but you should be getting e-mail notifications every time a new post is made here (unless you've turned off e-mail notifications).

Your diagnostics have been completed and show your HughesNet system as fine, so we'll be awaiting your speed tests for further evaluation of your system performance.

Your cooperation and patience are much appreciated as we work to address your concerns.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi
I am done with the tests. I must have email notifications turned off.
Sharrey