Slow speed as the norm for years despite paying for fast

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rltsource
New Poster

Slow speed as the norm for years despite paying for fast

We have had Hughes service for many years, only because we have no option. More times than i can recount, i've spent the hours on the phone with tech support to diagnose the system. Each time we come to the same conclusion that there is nothing wrong with our hardware. We have updated the Hughes hardware one time over those years with no greater experience. While we continue to pay for a business account with "up to 20 Mbs" speeds, we consistently run 200kbps to 500kbps. i haven't seen a 1Mbsp test in well over a year. Each time, after all the time wasted on the phone with tech support, "magincally" we have service running in the 10 to 15Mbps. This ALWAYS lasts for no more than a few hours and it is bogged back down again. i have resolved that we just have to live with it and to not waste any more time with Tech support. We have no other options though. If any tech support person reads this and can just do the Magic thing you do to restore a little speed for a while, we would be grateful.

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@rltsource 

Unfortunately, this support community is for residential subscribers.  It's unlikely that any reps or techs that help here would be able to do anything regarding your speed issue.  

Though I have no doubt you already have the number, just in case any other business subscribers read this thread, the tech support number for business account holders is 800-347-3272.

CynApieco

This is my issue as well. I can’t even watch a three minute music video from my iPhone without long pauses during one small video. I upgraded to 30 gigs, just a few days ago, and I can’t tell a difference in speed. I’m a frustrated customer.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@CynApieco wrote:
This is my issue as well. I can’t even watch a three minute music video from my iPhone without long pauses during one small video. I upgraded to 30 gigs, just a few days ago, and I can’t tell a difference in speed. I’m a frustrated customer.

Upgrading to a larger plan doesn't increase the speed, it only gives you more data to use.  When you run out of data, however, your speed is throttled.  

If you'd like help with your speed issues, please start a new topic, which you can do here.  If/when you do, the reps will need some speed test results.  This is the protocol for those tests.