cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed, unhappy with service

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Slow speed, unhappy with service

mahartzler,

With regard to the emails, make sure that whatever email you use hasn't, for whatever reason, blocked the emails from the Community.  Sometimes that can happen. 

Also (and I'm sure you've probably done this), make sure that your settings are correct in the "notification" part of your profile.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm trying to figure out why I'm not getting emails from this post. I just asked the system to verify my hughesnet email address, but I haven't received an email yet.  How long does it take?  As I said earlier, it won't let me use my Gmail email because I used that email to sign up for the community originally.  Now I cannot get logged on using that Gmail account.  The system won't let me add that email address to the present login, saying it is already taken (yeah, by me). On subsequent entries into the community, the system automatically created a login for me using the hughesnet email address. 

In the notifications, all are checked EXCEPT the one "Notify me of all new topics in HughesNet," and the one beneath that "Notify me of every new topics and every new reply."

I just checked each of those and asked for verification again, still no email.

The first thing at the top of the page should be "Email Addresses".  Make sure that the boxes under your email address(s) are checked.  That's the spot that determines what notifications you get from the posts in this community.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hmmm.  No verification?  That's odd.  I'm stumped. 

Yeah, the 4 or 5 boxes underneath the email address are all checked. I originally unchecked the boxes for company wide notifications, as I didn't think that was necessary. HughesNet email was working when I replied in the other thread, but hasn't sent one notification on this thread. I just keep logging in occasionally to check for replies.

Get Satisfaction might be able to fix the problem of you not being able to use your Gmail account.  I had a similar problem due to signing up for a GetSat account through IMDB, but had completely forgotten about it.  I had the problem of signing in with it due to that and they reset some things so I could use the same account here. 

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks.

So you've got everything set right.  Again, I'm stumped.  Maybe someone else has some ideas or maybe something needs to be reset.  I haven't a clue.