Slow speed, video loading, and disconnecting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roczombie
New Poster

Slow speed, video loading, and disconnecting

For little over 2 weeks now I been having slow speeds and constant disconnections and terrible lag on certen games Im was able to play on with hughs net. Ive called before and all they said was nothing was wrong with my end and tried to adjust a few settings in my wifi settings. it worked for a few mins then went back to slow connection, videos keep loading slow and disconnecting. and itseemed as if they were dodging a few of my questions as well...coulb be just me but it felt like they were abit.Dont know if theres some kind of degrading going on but im not the only one whos having these problems as well. I been a loayal customer for bout 7 years now and ive never once had problems like this either. please fix this!

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

With regard to "disconnects," are you speaking of a WiFi connection dropping or actual disconnection from HughesNet?  If HughesNet, when the disconnection happens, are both boxes at the top of the following page green?  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status 

Do you see all green check marks in the System Summary and System Status boxes?  

If no to either of those questions, what is the State Code listed in the System Summary box?  

everything is green and no errors but I still experience slow speed and disconnecting as if it was being throttled and degraded. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Okay, so when the disconnects are happening, you can still get to the System Control Center without issue, and everything looks normal.  That's odd.  

I'll tag the reps, as they're probably going to have to see what's going on, possibly with your HughesNet equipment.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  

The slow speeds could be the result of just about anything, but trying to troubleshoot it without a steady connection would probably be a waste of time, at this point.

Someone else may have an idea in the meantime.  

@Liz @Amanda

this sounds very similiar to the issues im experiencing. For a minute or 2 its rock solid then it goes into a state where it takes forever to do anything then will go back to normal again with occasional disconnects and everything on my home page is green and looks good has no state codes even when it dc/s

Liz

Good morning Roczombie, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I pulled up your account to address your concerns and ran remote diagnostics--all appears to be in working order. Can you also double-check that the power cable for the modem is secured in the back of the modem, in the power brick, and into the power outlet? 

Does the internet connection also drop when the computer is directly connected to the modem?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Mark Shaver
New Poster

long  time user of Hughes. net. and yes it's been awhile since i posted anything in the community-  to start off sorry to hear about the problems you are having -speed- disconnection issue's --the buffering of video's drive's me crazy. i used to attend meetings via streaming/video conference but the buffering was more then i could handel 120mi round trip to attend 2 meetings a month ..anyways so to my point when i call in about on going issues with speed & disconnection i was told it was my P.C. by the other voice on phone(tech support) i have 990sabertooth asus 8350cpu rxfury videocard 8gb of ram-- its top of the line but is built for gamming(pretty fast awesome graphic's no over heating problems) drivers updated 8111F gigabit lan controller-- i don't believe its a hardware problem- keep asking questions talk to a field talk to your local experts.. get to gether with friends with the same service as you and track the problems create history profile/and over time truth will come out.. not all areas  of the united sates of service  are equal..