Slow speeds, 1 month and still waiting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctuck0659
New Poster

Slow speeds, 1 month and still waiting

What is being done to fix my service?  I have been a subscriber for approx. 1 month during which time I have talked to technical support well over 1 dozen times and had a technician come out, recheck my installation and change the "beam" I'm on.  I have been given 1 month free and 3 months discounted service but that doesn't fix the fact that I have good service (25+Mbs) in the morning and early afternoon and <1 to 2 Mbs in the evening and all weekend. There are well over 100 speed tests logged on HughesNet to document this. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO STREAM EVEN 1 MOVIE which is why I switched form DSL to HughesNet.  Please advise what the problem is and what's being done to fix it??

7 REPLIES 7
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It will be Monday before one of the mods (employees) will be here to look into your problem and history. I will tag them so they'll be sure to see your post.

@Amanda

@Liz

If Hughes cared, trhey would have more than Liz and one or two others here to help 24/7. 

Problem is, Hughes deoesn't care. I've been on Gen 5 now for well over 6 months, and it's done nothing but get worse, and I was having problems at the beginning. Nothing was ever really resolved.. it just kinda worked a little better and I got frustrated and went away... now I'm back and really not happy, and full of energy... 

You can't call their humber and get help. Just some thrid world call center with people who are probably laughing every time they hang up...

I've lived up to my end of the contract, Hughes sure hasn't!

Will someone contact me?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@ctuck0659

The reps should respond.  It can sometimes take them a couple of days to do so, and they are on from M-F.   It's possible that, due to someone choosing to take your thread completely off topic, it got lost in the fray.  Hopefully the reps will respond tomorrow.  Just to be sure, they'll be tagged again.  

Hang in there.  

@Liz

@Amanda

A MULI-BILLION dollar company should not take DAYS to respond. They should have a reliable and instant source for tech support that can ACTUALLY help.. Not their customers trying to help others... 

You just don't get it Gabe.. Something tells me you must not rely on Hughes as your only source of communications where you live... I live in the middle of nowhere, and it's all I have... 

DAYS is NOT acceptable!

Heck.  MONTHS is what we've been dealing with anyway.

GabeU

@jlantz

Unless you've got something helpful to add, please stop disrespecting others who are looking for help by jumping on their threads.  Your opinion is noted.  You don't need to post it on everyone else's thread, and to do so disrepects both them, and the people trying to help them.    

@Liz

@Amanda

GabeU

@ctuck0659

How are you trying to stream and in what definition?