cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds. Not what I'm paying for. Ready to cancal!!!

Slow speeds. Not what I'm paying for. Ready to cancal!!!

I got Hughes on June 29 and right away we had slow speeds. Hulu wont play with out buffering and facebook wont play videos with out buffering.  I've called Hughes at least 4 times. they sent the install guy back out once and all his stuff is good. He tried a different router and it did the same thing. I've ran speed test at testmynet and I've had results ranging from 800 kbps to 15 mbps.  It doesn't seem to matter what I'm getting for a speed hulu and facebook still buffer.  I've got plenty of data still so its not slow because I'm over that.  
26 REPLIES 26
Associate Professor

Re: Slow speeds. Not what I'm paying for. Ready to cancal!!!

When doing the tests at testmy.net, please make sure you use the 12MB download package for testing, and that your computer is directly attached to the modem and not the router.

Can you provide a URL to your testmy.net account so the test results can be reviewed?  Should look something like this: http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE
Highlighted

I just did what u said to do and my results were 3 mbps and 4.1 mbps. I have the 15 mbps plan.

I still have my old internet plan hooked up still it is frontier dsl and I can watch facebook videos with it but not hulu. The only reason I signed up for hughes was they said I'd be able to watch hulu with no problems.
Distinguished Professor IV

Corrosive,

Why the large tests sizes?  Is there a specific reason you use such large sizes?

I'm getting some fantastic speeds lately.

http://testmy.net/quickstats/Gabe1972

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

jamesflom,

Can you provide the results URL from your testmy.net speed tests, if you already have an account set up, that is?

Make sure that when you perform the tests outlined by Corrosive you create an account and do the tests under that account.  This will keep a record of the tests run and the results, which the Official Reps will need.  The record also shows a pattern and allows individual tests to be selected to view the results.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Associate Professor

To make sure there isn't a random anomaly that is triggering false high speeds.  Need to remember... I have a rather complicated home network that can make things look better than they should be.  It's hard to catch the real-time speeds of a 12MB test sample on my network to make sure it and the results are similar.  Larger sizes makes my life a bit easier.
Associate Professor

Please follow this guide for any and all future tests jamesflom.

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy...

The test results URL for all tests is required for reporting to engineering teams.

EDIT: I think this MIGHT be jamesflom on testmy.net http://testmy.net/quickstats/Jamesf  which would indicate that speeds are in fact at an acceptable level when using the proper package sizes.

I saw his speed tests, too.  I think the automatic tests are giving lower speeds due to variances.  I see the full size speed tests are pretty good. 

Ah.  That makes sense.