Slow speeds and no support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katens18
New Poster

Slow speeds and no support

I had Hughes Net installed on Saturday. First lets say the installer completly messed up and now I have to have a roofer come out to fix my brand new roof that was just finished last month, then I kept telling him that I did not think where he was installing it and where he wanted to put the model was a good idea, first he wanted to put it in my 5 year olds room and then behind my daughters bed. He finally decided to install it in my bedroom, however, my room is the 3rd floor or a 3700sq ft in the house, so now if my kids are working on homework in their rooms on the 1st floor they have no service and if I am working in the living room or at the table in the 2nd floor I have very minimal service. Ido get better service if I am sitting with the modem, but other than that it is horrible. I have tried to call technical support, but their service is basically non-exsistant. I missed two meetings for work today and my kids could not do their work. Actually the hot spot works better than this and it only costs me $10 a month for unlimited, pretty sad that this will reach my whole house, I just needed more speed for all of us working from home. 

Do you believe it is because where he installed it? 

Do I need an extender? 

Any thoughts or supports? Please...

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may need an extender, but before deciding,  wait until the reps on this site check your installation notes and get back to you. 

Didn't the installer have you sign something after he was done?  If you were not happy, maybe you shouldn't have signed? In any case, the reps here can check the installation notes and the pictures, and get back to you with next steps. 

@Katens18 wrote:

I had Hughes Net installed on Saturday. First lets say the installer completly messed up and now I have to have a roofer come out to fix my brand new roof that was just finished last month, then I kept telling him that I did not think where he was installing it and where he wanted to put the model was a good idea, first he wanted to put it in my 5 year olds room and then behind my daughters bed. He finally decided to install it in my bedroom, however, my room is the 3rd floor or a 3700sq ft in the house, so now if my kids are working on homework in their rooms on the 1st floor they have no service and if I am working in the living room or at the table in the 2nd floor I have very minimal service. Ido get better service if I am sitting with the modem, but other than that it is horrible. I have tried to call technical support, but their service is basically non-exsistant. I missed two meetings for work today and my kids could not do their work. Actually the hot spot works better than this and it only costs me $10 a month for unlimited, pretty sad that this will reach my whole house, I just needed more speed for all of us working from home. 

Do you believe it is because where he installed it? 

Do I need an extender? 

Any thoughts or supports? Please...

He didn’t go over much with me other than told me where I could find the password and had me sign a few things not telling me what I was signing. I think he was mad when we contacted his company about how much damage he did to my roof and then drilled two extra holes in the side of my house that aren't being used.
Liz

Hi Katens18,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I've sent you our Wi-Fi booster to see if that helps you with coverage. I've also credited your HughesNet account $99.99 so that you're not charged for the booster. Let me know how it works out for you!

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you. I hope it helps.