Slow speeds for over 2 years

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
choppergeoff
New Poster

Slow speeds for over 2 years

Have had for several years and never gets above 1 Mbps. They have never fixed. Won't back up their ads. Just about done. Waiting for starlink.

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@choppergeoff wrote:

Have had for several years and never gets above 1 Mbps. They have never fixed. Won't back up their ads. Just about done. Waiting for starlink.

You've never asked for help here.  If you just looking to blow off steam, social media is that way ------ >>>>

Please leave this Support Community to those seeking such.

I hear your frustration. I get it, I really do. It is so frustrating to try and get a problem resolved with HughesNet using the phone tech support. You are in the right place now to get help. I am not an employee. Here is what I think you need to do.

Get an account at www.testmy.net. Run some speed test using the manual size of 25 MB. Run them 3 times a day. Morning, noon and evening. When you get those results post them here with your personal link to your test. Here is my link, so you will know what you are looking for.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/bloodhound

After that a mod. will normally get involved and give you further steps to take.

Good luck. It will still be frustrating but following the steps here is really the only way you will get your system up and running good.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

The WiFi must be disabled while running the speed tests as well.  Here are the full instructions...

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share your testmy.net "My Results" page URL with us here. A batch each in the morning, afternoon and evening is the most ideal, but the reps are well aware that not everyone can do this, so please just run a batch when you can.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while the speed tests are being performed
-the testing device should be the ONLY device connected to the HughesNet modem while testing
-use the manual 25MB size download test file
-if testing upload instead of download, use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test in the batch at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please see this site.

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

Liz

Good morning choppergeoff,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!