Slow speeds no resolution.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlucken
Sophomore

Slow speeds no resolution.

I have been a hughes customer for about a year and have always paid my bill on time. Our service has never worked properly especially during "peak" hours. I have done extensive troubleshooting with tech support and have spoken with many people at your company. While everyone has been polite, I have been lied to and sent through the call center ringer. Today I spoke with someone in the corporate office.....but basically another customer service rep. I have never asked for any of the over 1100 dollars I have paid in the last 11 months back. I simply would like to cancel services at the end of next month and pay no early termination fee. Our service doesn't work. Your people openly admit that the degradation of service is so severe during you peak hours that I can't stream ONE simple video stream. As long as it works the other 18 hours of the day when we are sleeping or at work that is suppose to be good enough. Please help. I think my request is reasonable.
21 REPLIES 21
rickynascar2448
Spectator

Contacting either of those options will only put you back in touch with the folks moderating this community. It will however delay your request for help. So why not work with the folks here now, rather then later?

So what are my options?  The people on here are supposed to be helpful.....I have had no one reach out to me to see if there is anything they can do to help.  I did however get my payment extracted for another month of service.  Nothing slow about that process.

Hi rlucken,

Thanks for posting, we'd like to help address your speed concerns. As you may have seen in other speed-related threads in the community, we'll need testmy.net results to evaluate before considering escalating to our engineering team. To get started, please follow the steps here to set up a testmy.net account and run speed tests so that we get a proper evaluation of your system performance:

http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

Most important points:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem
-use the 12MB test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

after a 210k download test this is what it said below the results

You might have a problem...
Your connection scored only 2% of the Hughes Network Systems average (98% slower). This does not always mean that you're in bad shape. If the Internet package you subscribe to is slower than most people using your ISP you'll see this message.

Sad to hear that this is the case. Gives me little hope but to send Hughesnet packing. I am not spending any more of my time dealing eith what they are well aware of.

If Hughesnet needs to migrate customers to the new system to bring the load down on the Gen4 THEY SHOULD DO SO! I sould not/will not pay for their need to improve their system.

Hi rlucken,

Thank you so much for your patience. An engineer informed me that a capacity expansion was performed this morning. Please monitor your system performance and let me know if you're seeing any improvement. New speed tests would help if you're not noticing a difference.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

http://testmy.net/quickstats/Ryan%20Lucken

Never even hit 500k tonight......

Can I get a engineer?

http://testmy.net/db/Sw8HnmViu

Finally at 10:05 CST I hit 1.1 Mbs.

Good morning rlucken,

Thank you for your testmy.net URL. I've run diagnostics on your site and will send your case up to our engineers for their evaluation. I will post back once I have any updates or additional instructions for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

http://testmy.net/db/QuI7hvlnc

196 K tonight!

I really either need this fixed, or moved into Gen 5 or simply just let out of my contract. 

This is a very reasonable request.  under 200k on a 15 MB service? 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

rlucken,

You might want to call and see about getting an upgrade to Gen5, as there may not be much they can do for Gen4 users as of this moment till the load on Jupiter One is decreased.

Thanks,
C0RR0SIVE

Liz....?  What is the update?

Hi rlucken,

No update from engineering regarding your case, I've pinged them for any news. As C0RR0SIVE mentioned before, upgrading to Gen 5 is another option. 

Although is about the response I expected.....That is such bad customer service.  Why is another use having to suggest resolutions, and why dont't you have a update from the engineers a week later? 

As soon as I line up another provider we will be disconnecting.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Because this is a community, where Hughes users can get help from, and if they wish, provide help to other Hughesnet users... Hence, the name, Hughesnet Community.

Hi rlucken,

As C0RR0SIVE noted, and is also stated in our About Community area, the community offers crowdsourced support. A mod will jump in if an escalation is necessary.

Regarding the lack of update from engineering, they are continuously working to maintain the network and schedule network adjustments from time to time to address cases like yours. I didn't really have a substantial update for you, which is why I said I have no update. However, I will note that the word I got back from engineering is that they are looking into a capacity expansion for your beam, just no ETA or confirmation that this will happen.

I answered the previous suggestion to spend more money and you have NOT recieved what was paid for with Gen4

That answer runs against the grain.

Hughesnet should deliver the services "PAID FOR" by this customer.

CaptFox
Learner

I see I am not the ONLY Customer that gets jerked around and handled by the Pros at Customer Care Department.

I had Gen4 installed Jan 19, 2017. I have been on the phone for hours and hours because I never get a consistent download speed of OVER 3 Mbps. Just tested and it is 3.1 Mbps download. 

I have logged many phone calls and many more hours trying to chase the problem from my system. About a month ago an agent in the upper level Tech Support plainly told me that it was "due to congestion and it woul not get better until they rolled out the latest and greatest Gen5 on April 1, 2017. Well they did and I still cannot get good service.

Now they want ME to upgrade to the new satellite and Gen5 at MY Expense. I don't think this is going to make any difference. At least not seeing what I have been reading here in this community blog.

So I do feel for you. It saddens me that you, and I, are being handled.