Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds no resolution.

Sophomore

Re: Slow speeds no resolution.

Liz....?  What is the update?

Hi rlucken,

No update from engineering regarding your case, I've pinged them for any news. As C0RR0SIVE mentioned before, upgrading to Gen 5 is another option. 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Although is about the response I expected.....That is such bad customer service.  Why is another use having to suggest resolutions, and why dont't you have a update from the engineers a week later? 

As soon as I line up another provider we will be disconnecting.

Associate Professor

Because this is a community, where Hughes users can get help from, and if they wish, provide help to other Hughesnet users... Hence, the name, Hughesnet Community.

Hi rlucken,

As C0RR0SIVE noted, and is also stated in our About Community area, the community offers crowdsourced support. A mod will jump in if an escalation is necessary.

Regarding the lack of update from engineering, they are continuously working to maintain the network and schedule network adjustments from time to time to address cases like yours. I didn't really have a substantial update for you, which is why I said I have no update. However, I will note that the word I got back from engineering is that they are looking into a capacity expansion for your beam, just no ETA or confirmation that this will happen.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Learner

I see I am not the ONLY Customer that gets jerked around and handled by the Pros at Customer Care Department.

I had Gen4 installed Jan 19, 2017. I have been on the phone for hours and hours because I never get a consistent download speed of OVER 3 Mbps. Just tested and it is 3.1 Mbps download. 

I have logged many phone calls and many more hours trying to chase the problem from my system. About a month ago an agent in the upper level Tech Support plainly told me that it was "due to congestion and it woul not get better until they rolled out the latest and greatest Gen5 on April 1, 2017. Well they did and I still cannot get good service.

Now they want ME to upgrade to the new satellite and Gen5 at MY Expense. I don't think this is going to make any difference. At least not seeing what I have been reading here in this community blog.

So I do feel for you. It saddens me that you, and I, are being handled.

Learner

That answer runs against the grain.

Hughesnet should deliver the services "PAID FOR" by this customer.

Learner

I answered the previous suggestion to spend more money and you have NOT recieved what was paid for with Gen4

Learner

Sad to hear that this is the case. Gives me little hope but to send Hughesnet packing. I am not spending any more of my time dealing eith what they are well aware of.

If Hughesnet needs to migrate customers to the new system to bring the load down on the Gen4 THEY SHOULD DO SO! I sould not/will not pay for their need to improve their system.

Associate Professor