Slow speeds only in prime time hours

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhorwath
Sophomore

Slow speeds only in prime time hours

I see there's other complaints but I'm not sure what was resolved with this issue.  I have the 15mg plan, using the HT1100 modem.  In the mornings I get 20+ download speeds using testmy.net.  Afternoon it drops some, then during prime time I'm down to 1mb.  I called tech support and they thought I need to re-point the satellite but that makes no sense if I'm getting good speed during the morning hours.  Can you offer any solutions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Amanda has been working on my issue behind the scenes, so I thought I'd come on and mention that we are working through it.  The result is that I'll be switching to Gen 5 on a lower data plan than what I currently have.  With the compression of data on streaming that is used on Gen 5, I should be able to stay within the 30g.  Even if I go over 30g the throttled speed is better than what I have today so it's a no-brainer.

thanks Amanda!

View solution in original post

105 REPLIES 105

TO, Gwalk900, Corrosive, (and anybody interested)

I agree with you on the above -- the point I was trying to make was that a company DOES NOT have to neglect their current customers in order to be profitable and grow.

Why in advertising alone Hughes must spend thousands upon thousands of dollars just to maintain their customer base.  Think of the customers they lose to the "little" guy because the customer is unhappy.

And that "little" guy is growing by leaps and bounds.  I predict that the "wireless" Internet providers,  AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc. are the future.  

I am copying this and sending it to Corrosive, because I agree with him also - there is a tremendous difference in the initial (and maintenance) cost of each system -- but profits can still be there without neglecting the current customer.  I hope you don't think otherwise?

Bkeeper