Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds only in prime time hours

Sophomore

Re: Slow speeds only in prime time hours

thanks.  I'm out of town for a few days, I'll see how it's going Saturday
Spectator

Why is it that when we run the test all we get back is gobbledy Gook.  I ran test with what is on the sped test on Hughes Net, and TestMy Net and both are below the national average for DL speeds and UL speeds.  when is Hughes net going to get with the program and provide what their TV advertisement is saying.  Fast it ain't

Spectator

The test I ran on both TestMyNet and the Hughes net speed test are below the national averages.  Hughes Net TV advertisements are extremely misleading
Sophomore

ran a speed check and still got 1mg last night.  Can you inform the engineers?

Distinguished Professor IV

@dacarrigan wrote:
Why is it that when we run the test all we get back is gobbledy **bleep**.  I ran test with what is on the sped test on Hughes Net, and TestMy Net and both are below the national average for DL speeds and UL speeds.  when is Hughes net going to get with the program and provide what their TV advertisement is saying.  Fast it ain't

Comparing Hughesnet's speed results to the national average, which include fiber optic and cable and non consumer systems, is like comparing apples and oranges.  Satellite internet is not fiber optc, nor is it cable, and they are "with the program" with satellite internet.  The national average includes systems that consumers don't use and have speeds that we won't see for quite some time.

A satellite ISP is, for the most part, an ISP of last resort.  Very few people would choose to get satellite for their internet when cable or fiber optic are available to them.      

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

How about a price reduction across the board, since this seems to be a common problem. I pay for speeds "up to 15Mbps", but have been told repeatedly that 60% of that is "normal". I could live with that if you could provide that speed AT ALL TIMES, not 20's in the mornings and 1Mbps or less when I'm home and wanting to stream something later in the day. A 9Mbps average is not what I pay for.

Freshman

Was there any resolution, this is th exact same scenario as with me.

Sophomore

Amanda, did the engineers respond to my latest test?

If you want, I can be contacted at the phone number on my account.

It looks like I'm stirring up a hornets nest on here with others that must be on the same beam

Professor

"I pay for speeds "up to 15Mbps", but have been told repeatedly that 60% of that is "normal"."

Up to means that the speed can be anything from 0 to 15. Speeds are not guaranteed.

HughesNet service is available in the contiguous U.S. with an unobstructed view of the southern sky, and its usage is subject to the Fair Access Policy. Actual speeds vary based on the amount of traffic on the Internet, content on a particular Website, or by the overall performance and configuration of your computer. Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of service are not guaranteed. Actual speeds will likely be lower than the maximum speeds during peak hours.

Source: http://legal.hughes.com/SubAgree-01-01-15.cfm

If you subscribed on or after March 10, 2017, then the terms are

HughesNet® service is available in the contiguous U.S., Alaska and Puerto Rico with an unobstructed view of the southern sky, and its usage is subject to the Fair Access Policy. Actual speeds vary based on the amount of traffic on the Internet, content on a particular Website, or by the overall performance and configuration of your computer. Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of service are not guaranteed. Actual speeds will likely be lower than speed indicated during peak hours.

Source: http://legal.hughes.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Sophomore

bump