Bobgreer

Slow speeds

Only getting 2mbs. Not the 25mbs i should
6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Bobgreer

Are you sure you're not out of data? 

Also, how are you measuring your speed?  And with a WiFi or LAN cable connected device?  

Not out of data still have 10 gig. And wifi
GabeU

@Bobgreer

Okay.  For the reps to help you you'll need to run some speed tests, and in a specific way, but before that there are a few more questions.

1.  When you go to this page, are both boxes on the top of the page green? 

2.  In the System Summary box, do you see anything listed for a State Code (other than 0.0.0)?  If so, what is it? 

3.  In the WAN Info box, what is showing for your Satellite Receive Signal Strength?

4.  Lastly, do you have a device with which you can connect with a LAN cable?  Like a desktop or a laptop with and Ethernet port?  The reason for this question is that the speed tests need to be run with a LAN cable connected device in order to rule out any issues with WiFi.  

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thank you!

-Brooke

maratsade

The HughesNet Gen5 service plans are designed to deliver download speeds of 25 Mbps and upload speeds of 3 Mbps, but individual customers may experience different speeds at different times of the day. Speeds and uninterrupted use are not guaranteed and may vary based on a variety of factors including: the configuration of your computer, the number of concurrent users, network or Internet congestion, the capabilities and content of the websites you are accessing, network management practices as deemed necessary, and other factors. When you connect to the HughesNet service using Wi-Fi, your experience will vary based on your proximity to the Wi-Fi source and the strength of the signal.

Source:https://www.hughesnet.com/about/hughesnet-gen5

@Bobgreer wrote:
Only getting 2mbs. Not the 25mbs i should

Brooke
Alum

Hello Bobgreer, welcome to the community and thank you for posting! I pulled up your account to run a diagnostic, but I see no communication currently, so I am unable to run diagnostics remotely to the modem. If you can follow the first 3 steps Gabe provided in his response, this will help me determine your issues. 

1.  When you go to this page, are both boxes on the top of the page green? 

2.  In the System Summary box, do you see anything listed for a State Code (other than 0.0.0)?  If so, what is it? 

3.  In the WAN Info box, what is showing for your Satellite Receive Signal Strength?

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!

-Brooke