Slow speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CutthroatShot
New Poster

Slow speeds

Is there an speed loss problem right now or is something just wrong with my speed. I am receiving speeds between .5 mbps and 2 mbps. We just got satellite internet and when we got it our speeds were ideal. We still have lots of our high speed data left but our speed is worse than DSL. Any thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Too many things can affect speeds, so it's not a good idea to speculate. Better to troubleshoot. 

To have speed issues addressed in this community, first you will need to follow the procedure detailed here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

CutthroatShot wrote:
Is there an speed loss problem right now or is something just wrong with my speed. I am receiving speeds between .5 mbps and 2 mbps. We just got satellite internet and when we got it our speeds were ideal. We still have lots of our high speed data left but our speed is worse than DSL. Any thoughts?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@CutthroatShot 

While speeds can come down in the evenings due to system load, they shouldn't be that low.  

To get help with speed issues, please run some tests using this speed testing protocol, then post your testmy.net "My Results" URL in a reply so that the test results can be viewed.

Edit:  Please excuse the redundancy.  maratsade posted his reply while I was still typing, so I didn't see it.