cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow to no connection problems

Slow to no connection problems

I am basically only able to open Facebook currently (on several different computers and devices) and my status meter cannot find a modem. Have reset the modem and router several times over the last few days. And the speeds are incredibly slow, and have been for several weeks. Thank you for your suggestions!
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Slow to no connection problems

Mari if you can post the serial number from your modem (located on the back of the modem) here, the forum moderators (who work for HughesNet) can look up your account and do some remote testing on your system.

S/N 0001368802221 P/N 150826-0006 Thank you William!
Alum

Hello Mari,

Do you have a recent support case number, or can you post the full name of the primary account holder?

-Warren

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Very poor connection.

I am basically only able to open Facebook currently (on several different computers and devices) and my status meter cannot find a modem. Have reset the modem and router several times over the last few days. And the speeds are incredibly slow, and have been for several weeks. Thank you for your suggestions! S/N J7 0001368802221

Matthew Batchelor is the primary account holder.
Honorary Alumnus

Mari,
It sounds like you may have an address conflict with the modem and the router both trying to use IP address 192.168.0.1 at the same time.

if you enter that address into your browsers address bar what do you see ?
The Modems SCC main page or the login screen for your router ?

Make sure that in your routers internal settings pages that QoS is NOT enabled.

It may be helpful if you were to post what brand, model and version number of your router.
Additionally it would help to know what modem you have (HN9000, HT1000/1100) and plan level.

Have you checked the modems SCC to see if any system errors are present as well as making sure you are not in FAP..

There are a few things to check while awaiting the Hughes employees Friday am.

Have you ran any speed tests ?
http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com/

3rd test down
Usually they are ran, 5 tests back to back as a set ... with three sets spread out over 24 hrs.

Thank you, Warren. Gwalk900 gave me help.

Thank you so much. There was an address conflict. I'm able to view pages other than Facebook. I appreciate your help and will run the speed tests.
Assistant Professor

Gwalk knows his stuff, you are wise to listen to him. Glad to see he helped, it seems Facebook is a continuing problem for many people.

There is something called Web Acceleration or Turbo Page depending which modem/satellite you are on. Do you have a 9000. 1000, or 1100 series modem?