Slow upload speeds, good download speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
portorafti
New Poster

Slow upload speeds, good download speeds

I have decent download speeds (15-26 Mbps) on my Gen 5 system but consistently poor upload speeds (0.19-0.25 Mbps).  I first noticed this several weeks ago and here is the link to my test results:

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Portorafti

Tests were performed using a LAN cable connection to my computer and WiFi disabled on the HT2000 modem.  Upload tests were done with 4 MB file size.  For download tests I had an issue that when using a 25 MB file size I would frequently get crazy fast speeds (200-300 Mbps) so some of the tests are done with a 50 MB file size which did not have this issue.

The system is at our remote cabin and I generally am only able to get up there on weekends.

Any help with be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@portorafti wrote:

For download tests I had an issue that when using a 25 MB file size I would frequently get crazy fast speeds (200-300 Mbps) so some of the tests are done with a 50 MB file size which did not have this issue. 

Sometimes the problem is related to the antivirus program on the device being used for the testing.  My desktop, which has Kaspersky for an AV, experiences this.  Temporarily disabling or pausing the AV program while running the tests can often help.

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually respond within a working day, so hopefully you'll see a reply from one on Monday.  With this said, being that you are only there on the weekends it may be beneficial to call tech support at 866-347-3292 to get immediate assistance.  The phone help is there 24/7.

Liz

Good morning portorafti,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! What made you took notice several weeks ago and prompted testing? 

What online activity were you attempting to do that's heavily reliant on upload speed?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning portorafti,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!