cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speeds

New Poster

Re: Slow upload speeds

Hi Liz,
Thank you for your response. I haven't had time to check my devices yet but I will as soon as I can. I'm pretty sure the poor connected device is the kid's ps4 upstairs. I'm not too concerned with that one. Everything else is fairly close so maybe they just need to be reset.

I ran another test in the evening and it showed similar to the others. The really bad tests were my fault, I ran the wrong tests.

Thanks

Thanks, looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

Just ran a test after having trouble streaming with the roku stick.  It was showing a good signal and it was not one of the devices you mentioned.  The one showing poor was actually the smart TV. I switched it to 2G connection. 

https://testmy.net/quickstats/JSchneider

Thanks

Hi jschneider03,

Thanks for the update, looks the HughesNet modem is getting great speeds. Let's look at the Roku since you said you were having trouble with it. Please try disabling Interference Mitigation in your Roku to see if that improves your streaming performance. Here are instructions on how to do so:

https://sites.google.com/site/rokucomlinkaut/home/preventingrokudirectwi-fiaccessfrombreakingthrough...

When you test streaming on the Roku, please provide the following information:

To which device is the Roku stick connected?

What exactly are you streaming, Netflix, Hulu, etc?

In what resolution are you streaming?

Is the Video Data Saver enabled when streaming? 

Do you still have streaming issues after disabling Video Data Saver?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

Hi Liz,

I am having trouble streaming again this morning. It worked fine yesterday.
The roku stick is connected to a vizio television. I am streaming espn+, at 720 resolution. The video data saver was on at first. It started buffering and would eventually exit out and prompt me to check my connection. I then turned the video data saver off and tried again. It worked better for a while and then did the same thing.

Yesterday, I followed the link for disabling interference but some of the options were not available like the instructions said.

Thanks
Highlighted

Which model Roku stick are you using?

Thanks,
Liz

New Poster

Model: 3800X

Thanks jschneider03.

For troubleshooting purposes, let's leave the Roku out, so please stream Netflix from a computer directly connected to the HughesNet modem. 

Let's also disable the wifi for this troubleshooting test.If you don't know how to disable the wifi in the HT2000W, read "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1041318-0001_a.pdf Click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, 2.4Ghz Guest, 5Ghz, 5Ghz Guest).

Let me know if you see any difference streaming Netflix this way.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

New Poster

Hi, Liz

Sorry for taking so long. I disabled the wifi and streamed espn+ from the laptop this morning and it worked great. Steamed for 30 minutes with no problem. Espn+ was the one giving me more trouble than Netflix.

Thanks,
Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the update. So directly connected, streaming works fine, but via the Roku, there's buffering. I'm going to let our engineers know, I know they are interested in doing more testing with Roku and the HughesNet system.

Thanks,
Liz