cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slows to a crawl in the evenings

Assistant Professor

Re: Slows to a crawl in the evenings

I'm guessing, but I think has to do with the gateway ID/outroute. I'm on J2 San Diego - beam 68.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Assistant Professor

I'll take a swag and say Lost Wages Nevada, Beam 79.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Distinguished Professor IV

@r3wt wrote:

J2NLV079HNSIGW0110

The first three letters after the J2 (or J1).  Your gateway is in North Las Vegas.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

My gateway's letters are SDO.Is that South Dakota something or other? San Diego?

Assistant Professor

SDO is San Diego

Professor

Thanks, @MarkJFine!  Pretty nice weather there.

Professor

"FYI, your gateway is in San Diego, as is evidenced by the SDO after the J2 in your IP Gateway Association State.  It's just good to know as it can help if ever your system starts having a short term issue, as you can see if there is any inclement weather in San Diego. "

I didn't see this before asking about SDO. 

Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

Looks like we're all neighbors then. I'm on 0104 instead of 0106 tho.

0102 here.

Assistant Professor

Usually pretty good weather there as well in LA. Worst you'd see is some morning marine layer clouds, but they burn off between 10 PT, noon PT tops.

What's key is the beginning of the gateway string:
JnGGGbbb where:
   Jn = Jupiter sat number, starting with "J"
   G = Gateway location trigraph

b = beam number