cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowwww speed

Highlighted
New Poster

Slowwww speed

I have had slow speed and internet completely disconnect the restart, I have called in many times you should have a record. Had the service since last July never gotten close to 25 mgp. Had service calls done, I have hooked comp straight to modem no diff, I just ran speed test at testmynet 25 Meg 866 Mbps. It got worse when I switched to gen 5. Nobody will help!
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Slowwww speed

@Tonbag1 

I'm assuming that the following tests are yours (the reps will need the link)...

https://testmy.net/quickstats/tonbag

Please make sure that when you run the tests you are using a single device that is connected directly to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable.  As well, while running the speed tests, please disable the WiFi in the HughesNet modem.  This will ensure that no other devices are sapping any bandwidth while the speed tests are being run.  The instructions for disabling the WiFi are as follows....

To disable the WiFi in the HT2000W, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit