cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart browsing Explained

Smart browsing Explained

In a nutshell here's what SMART BROWSING means:
Should I use up all of my 10 Gig's of anytime data allowance (also called bandwidth), my internet speed will NOT slow down to a crawl, like it use to!  Instead, with Hughes 'Smart Browsing' I'm able to access the internet at normal speeds, run google searches, and/or review my emails without experiencing any type of speed reduction.  Plus, once I have reset my data allowance... (which  generally involves me buying 1 or 2 GB's of extra bandwidth -or- using one of Hughes 500 MB complimentary data tokens)  I can download files and stream videos again on sites like you-tube, face-book or anywhere else my little heart desires.

Suzie in Calif
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Smart browsing Explained

You got it, Suzie! Smiley Very Happy

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Re: Smart browsing Explained

HOWEVER, if you consistently have to buy 1 or 2 gigs of extra bandwidth you might as well move up to the next package. Otherwise, you need to understand what hughesnet is and how it works. It is NOT normal internet. If you DO Utube and watch videos it will be hard NOT to run out of data. But I am glad to see an explanation of what smart browsing actually is.