cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart browsing question and reset?

Sophomore

Smart browsing question and reset?

Simple question I hope.  I am a couple days from my plan reset and I am getting close to the end of my bandwidth.  If I go over, how long will it take for my smart browsing feature to kick in?  And once it does, will it automatically reset once I complete the last day of my plan?  

I am considering going over on purpose when I get really close if for no other reason to check out the smart browsing times.  I guess I'm wondering if by doing so will it delay my reset for my full plan?  I actually have a couple tokens left over from before the switch so I'm not concerned about going over and I know I've done some serious surfing so I don't have an issue where my plan is at this moment.

Bottom line question is will me going over my plan affect my reset?  If so, for how long.

And I'm loving the Gen 4 update.  Wow!  Compared to the old HN 7000 I was using it's like getting an Italian sports car to drive.  LOL

Thanks in advance for your help.
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: Smart browsing question and reset?

Hi hcamardelle,

Thanks for posting. As soon as you use up all available data allowance, SmartBrowsing kicks in; it's seamless. It's the same way transitioning to when your data allowance resets; at the reset, you automatically start using your data allowance. Using SmartBrowsing does not affect when your data resets, it will always reset on the same day every month. 

So happy to hear you're really enjoying your Gen 4 upgrade! We're here if you need us.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

That's what I figured Liz but it's nice to have confirmation from a pro like one of you guys.  Thanks a bunch for the help and for all you do for us here.

Very much appreciated, thank you and enjoy, hcamardelle!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Honorary Alumnus

Is it not true that if you have Tokens "staged for use", that is ... currently in your "Token Bytes Available" bucket that SmartBrowse will NOT kick in but usage will be drawn from Token Data ?

That's true. If you have token bytes available, that will be used up before going into SmartBrowsing. SmartBrowsing is like a safety net in case you've exhausted all your other options.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

According to the meter I've used all my data allowance which is very odd vs teh1st month testing we didi. I'm  on my 2nd month of Hughesnet and put it through the ringer the 1st month to see how much data we would actually use via Amazon Prime and PBS streaming apps. The first few days we downloaded at least 5-6GB over Xmas vacation.  The meter barely moved which was VERY deceptive since we were still in the 30 day cancellation period. We barely used ithte 2nd monthand noticed it dropped 50% the 1st day. How much lag time and accurate is the meter? 
Assistant Professor

The first 20 days of your first month you get unlimited data and the meters reset daily.

Really? Convenient that was never spoken of during the sketchy sale process. If that isn't a gimmick to lock a person in for the next 2yrs. I don't know what is. Where may Iask did you get that information from? I'd like to include that in my formal complaint.
Assistant Professor

I'll let an Official Rep take it from here. Do have to ask though if you didn't think it strange when you knew you where using a lot of data but didn't seem to be draining your allowance?