cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart browsing question and reset?

Re: Smart browsing question and reset?

I totally agree. Think of it from the perspective of a new customer. Most aren't sure what to expect. Is the meter inaccurate, time zone settings incorrect on account/ modem, etc? I spent my 1st week as a new Hughes customer trying to get the service working so accurate data measurement was the least of many issues that I was concerned about. Most would just assume Hughes data allowance monitoring policy isn't working or lenient. I was obviously wrong.
Honorary Alumnus

I think Bill is correct !

No good deed should go unpunished,

Frankly, Hughes offers a number of ways to track data usage ....

Frankly Hughes doesn't make a secret that the service is "data capped" because a user's monthly cost will be based primarily on which service level/data plan a user selects.

Any user, short of being totally unable to do simple math will very soon discover that they are "getting a deal" but yet lack whatever it takes (honestly ? Integrity ?) to post here in the Community ... nope .. its always "you scammed me" ....

When you buy a "gallon" of anything and you get a gallon and a half it doesn't raise a flag ? Now, who is scamming who ?

Did you report that you were getting more than you were entitled to ?

I'll bet not .....

Now WHO is not being honest ?

Sophomore

I got into smart browsing mode last night before going to bed.  It was great!  And early this morning I woke up to a filled data plan.  Kudos to HughesNet!

So nice to see you're enjoying it, thanks for sharing, hcamardelle!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi gpjandra,

Apologies for the delay, we've been getting clarification on this from our marketing department. They have confirmed for us that they are making efforts to ensure new subscribers are made aware of the initial 20 days (for Gen 4 subscribers) of relaxed bandwidth so that it's clear. We do appreciate you sharing your concern, we are working on improving this process.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->