cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartBrowsing

Professor

SmartBrowsing

How do I find out if I have SmartBrowsing? " SmartBrowsing is not available to all households and is dependent upon physical address. Certain geographical areas are not eligible. Visit legal.HughesNet.com for complete details." I went to legal.HughesNet.com but found no details about this. Can anyone help, please?
9 REPLIES 9
Professor

Re: SmartBrowsing

I think I figured it out -- now I have another question.  I have the Pro plan, and according to the legal site, the monthly bonus bytes for that one are 50.  In fact, they seem to be 50 for every plan. But I only get 15 bonus bytes. What gives?

Hi maratsade,

Great questions! You can check if SmartBrowsing is part of your plan by looking for the SmartBrowsing logo on your Status Meter. If you have the 15GB Bonus Bytes, it sounds like you are on an older Gen4 plan. We released newer ones with larger Bonus and Anytime buckets, but did not proactively move users over. The new plans with larger Bonus Bytes buckets are generally the same price as their Anytime equivalents. You can change your plan at anytime from http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Amanda
Professor

Thank you, Amanda!  Next stupid question of the day:  Where do I change my plan?  I'm at the support center site now but I don't see where to change the plan.  Thanks!!
Assistant Professor

maratsade, sign-in then click on Support tab at the top, then the lower right corner Service Upgrades.

Professor

Thank you, BirdDog! I've had HughesNet for over a decade; you'd think I would've figured this out. D'oh!  All fixed now, so thanks again!
Professor

I want to add that I chatted online with a rep who was very helpful and solved a few other issues I had with the account.  She was very patient too over a chat that took about 30 minutes as she fielded a lot of questions from the Village Idiot (me).  I never get the promised email surveys, so I can never give kudos to these employees, but they do deserve to be recognized.
Highlighted

Oh, great! Happy to see someone was able to get you the answer there. I did not have screenshots handy Smiley Happy

I've always been told there is no such thing as a dumb question and I bet my bottom dollar there are other customers with the same questions. I should be able to locate your account with your username info and I'll be sure to pass along the praise! Let us know if you have anything else you want to know, that's what we are here for.

Have a good one
Amanda
Professor

If you can locate my account and pass along the kudos, that'd be awesome!  Every time I talk to customer service they tell me I might get a survey sent to my email, but that has never happened. I've had some very patient and helpful reps help me out in the past and I would like their supervisors to know that these people are doing a great job.  (And BirdDog's screenshots helped me see what I wasn't seeing...you know, the stuff right there in the big letters and the blue background....Maybe BirdDog is a GuideDog as well).
Assistant Professor

Lol, good one! No, the pages can be a bit busy and sometimes hard to see the forest for the trees as they say. Glad to help and love beating Amanda to the punch.  : )