cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snails are faster

New Poster

Re: Snails are faster

Multiple times it has been stated:

EACH OF THESE DEVICES WAS TESTED INDIVIDUALLY, ONE AT A TIME. THEY WERE DISCONNECTED, TURNED OFF, NOT ON THE NETWORK.

THE TESTS HAVE BEEN DONE, I AM SATIFISFIED WITH THE RESULTS OF THE TEST. I DID THE TESTS, I USED THE SITE THAT WAS SPECIFIED, I USED THE TEST THAT IS ON YOUR SUPPORT WEBSITE, I DID THE TESTS WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. DONE, DONE, and DONE.

DOWNLOAD SPEEDS ARE THE ISSUE. YOUR "USAGE" APPLICATION TAKES 8 HOURS. DOWNLOAD SPEEDS ARE PATHETIC. NIGHTIME SPEEDS ARE BETTER, BETWEEN 12AM and 8AM, BUT STILL LESS THAN 1MB. 

DOWNLOAD SPEEDS

Professor

Are you looking for help regarding the download speeds, or just reporting your download speeds are not to your satisfaction?

If the former, follow the protocol and post the link to your Testmy.net results.

If the latter, we get you're not happy with the speed, but there's nothing we can do since you won't follow the protocol. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

@reffahsenyaw wrote:

Perhaps something was not clear. I HAVE run the tests, and they ARE acceptable.

If that's the case, and they have been run using the protocol listed, I suggest posting the testmy.net link to the results, as it's the only way you're going to get help.  

It's very simple.  If you want help, and judging by the fact that you're here, you do, then you need to follow the procedure to get it, whether you believe it's necessary or not.  Running the tests and posting the link to the results are Step 1 in that process.  If you refuse to perform Step 1, there's no Step 2.  Whether you are satisfied with the results of the tests or not is inconsequential to getting help with your issue.  Nor does it matter whether you think the tests are needed, or whether you understand the purpose of them.  A lot more is gleaned from the results than overall speed.  Bottom line: the reps need the specified test results to help you. 

It's now been nearly 48 hours since the instructions were given to you.  You could have simply run the tests and had the process of troubleshooting the issue started by a rep, but no.  And now that it's nearly 6PM on a Friday, that means at least another two and a half days before anything can happen, as the reps aren't on during the weekends.  

If you're just going to argue and not bother doing what is necessary to get the help you need, why are you even here?  To waste everyone's time?  If that's your endeavor, you're succeeding.  YOU asked for help.  WE told you what you need to do to get that help.  YOU refuse to do it.  You can't help someone who refuses to be helped.

Nearly 48 hours wasted.  SMH.  Hopefully, come Monday, it won't have been another 60+.  Your choice.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Did a hard reset, seems there was an issue not related to the modem, (router?). Download speeds went from an estimated 8 hours for the usage application to downloaded, installed and running in 3 minutes. Thanks anyway.

Distinguished Professor III

@reffahsenyaw 

Glad it's now working for you.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit