So Fustrated with this Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tammie002
New Poster

So Fustrated with this Service

I am so fustrated with this internet service. Try to watch Netflix or YouTube and it just constantly buffers. Between buffers we get a pixeled picture for a few seconds. It's eating data like crazy. Have called and they sent someone out. Said it should work when he left. Nope! Still same issues. Called again they told me they have a "workaround" and to decrease my Netflix and YouTube resolution in my settings. Now I can watch a minute or so untill it starts buffering but the picture is awful. I'm paying way to much for a "workaround" that does not make it better. I need it FIXED by HUGHESNET not a "workaround" on Netflix and YouTube's part. So now I'm paying over $100 a month for something I can barely use. So disappointed.
1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Tammie002

Do you have a device that you can connect directly to the modem with a LAN cable?  If so, please see if doing those things on that device gives better performance.  

While trying this, please disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem.  If you do not know how to do so, please see Section 6 in this PDF.  Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking SSID Enable for each radio rather than unchecking SSID Enable for all four radios and then clicking "Save Settings" (i.e. disable each radio individually, but make sure to disable all four).  

Trying Youtube or Netflix this way will ensure that asolutely nothing else is sapping your bandwidth at the same time.  You mentioned that it's eating data like crazy, and this could be a sign that something else is sapping bandwidth at the same time that you are trying to watch Youtube or Netflix.    

Also, if the definition you're trying to watch Youtube or Netflix in is 480p (SD) or below, the following shouldn't matter, but you could also try pausing or turning off the Video Data Saver to see if it makes any difference with the buffering.  

What is Video Data Saver?